Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody watched The Wire with Joseph Gordon Levitt?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody watched The Wire with Joseph Gordon Levitt?.

Truly ridiculous performance and this film is rated very highly.

Watching shite like this makes you truly appreciate great actors like Daniel Day Lewis.

It's literally like he practiced a 'French accent' for ten minutes and they thought "fuck it, lets just go with it.

Jesus Christ.

So it wasn't good or just Levitt wasn't good. Levitt was promising at one time but I think he reached his calling. They don't really make them like Daniel Day Lewis.

I was thinking about checking it out but I have some many movies to watch: Hateful 8, The Revenent, Sicario, Mad Max, The Big Short, and some others.

Comment

You mean The Walk.

It's a crap film. Levitt seemed to be doing a SNL character the entire time.

Comment

I couldn't even watch the doc about this film if its what I think it is. I could give a **** about a guy walking a line across two buildings. The Levitt version trailer I saw seemed like more of the same. The doc & the movie both have done great with reviews doe, but I don't get it at f#cking all. Its unwatchable to me.

I do dig Levitt doe. Loopers & that movie where Tony Danza is his dad are good. Thought he was good in Sin City 2. He's a good actor & I think he'll probably be some Leo Di Caprio type mfer with Oscar nods every couple years in another decade or so.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
          So it wasn't good or just Levitt wasn't good. Levitt was promising at one time but I think he reached his calling. They don't really make them like Daniel Day Lewis.

I was thinking about checking it out but I have some many movies to watch: Hateful 8, The Revenent, Sicario, Mad Max, The Big Short, and some others.
          Both.

It tried to hard to be edgy and lacked any real drama or suspense.

Maybe the role was totally unsuitable for him but it seemed like he didn't even take it seriously .

I have liked him in a few movies, so i won't hold this horrendous performance against him.

And yes i meant The Walk.

Comment

Working...
          X