Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Gennady Golovkin be in the top 10 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG is a good fighter and id like him to continue winning but dont you have to beat top guys in your division in order to crack that list? then again its not his fault that division ducks him.

Comment

Top ten can crusher for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Hu$tler View Post
        Danny Jacobs
        Peter Quillin
        Demetrius Andrade
        Andre Dirrell
        Andre Ward

Them 5 guys right there I consider better then GGG and all have a better resume and they all in range where he can fight em

Top 10 p4p my ass
        If that ferocious mofo isn't top ten than were living in the golden era of boxing..........which were not. Ward is special Andrade is good but my man 3G mops the floor with quillin,Jacobs and dirrell.

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
          Yes this is serious business my friend. Funny thing is 3 g could prolly knock out half the guys in the ring top ten and espns. So yeah he is.
          And that's really the true purpose of what a P4P list is for. Based on resume alone, no he hasn't accomplished enough even if its not entirely his fault. But there's very few active fighters I would pick to beat GGG in a hypothetical fight where everyone's the same size.

Comment

Absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              Bradley has to be on there
              Bradley is very talented. Garcia I believe has the skills and the resume as well that Herrera fight hurt him however

Comment

I'm sorry but I make my P4P list only based on recent resume which include the level of opposition, I don't include "eye-tests" and fantasy things so he isn't in my P4P top 10 yet and it won't change even if he slay Murray, N'jikam and other guys in this dead empty weightclass... As impressive as he's still not in my P4P top 10, his level of opposition is just not good enough for that. If he will make a statement win I will put him on my P4P top 10 without a doubt. I personally think that he would beat Cotto but he didn't do it yet.
                If he beat one of the above names I will consider him as a P4P top 10 fighter (I count just the 154-168 fighters)
                -Andrade
                -Canelo
                -May
                -Cotto
                -Froch
                -Ward
                -Lara
                -Andre Dirrell
                -Anthony Dirrell
                -Groves

10 names who are (IMO) all above of all the 160 fighters with the exceptions of GGG (Cotto isn't a real middleweight and Canelo isn't that yet officially so I didn't count them in the 160 mix). 4 of these are with Haymon and Andrade has a Showtime contract now, but the other 5 fighters are aviable for GGG on paper. If he really became a star he will have no problem to get a fight with one of them for good money.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Hu$tler View Post
                  Man I ain't never heard of none of those guys
                  Then you don't really follow boxing.

Comment

The issue is how do we know golovkin can beat these guys that u would pick him over when he's never fought anyone near the elite level? 1 opponent on his resume has to be elite before we know anything about how elite he is. Sorry but he doesn't have that guy yet. That's the difference between golovkin and most of the other guys in that list. Golovkin certainly passes the eye test, but once again, u can't assume greatness. I remember Lucian Bute was doing the same exact thing, and people were saying the same exact things about him, but where is he now? Not saying golovkin is Bute, I totally don't think he is. But still has to be said.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                      Put the pipe down man, it's laughable.
                      What's laughable is how yall rank fighters on here everybody knocks out bums on they way to the top but to say a guy is top 10 p4p when he hasn't even fought the best in his division is laughable and sad but I forgot don't nobody on here know **** about boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X