• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn, he prolly paid off some debts with last weekends money

he gona have to get a normal job

"que mas carne ni que mas carne asi viene el sanwhich man"

Comment

He needs to call out Broner and retire on a good payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
        I remember having a conversation with my friend a while back who knows a lot of people in the Miami boxing scene and telling me that the reason why gamboa has his dad training him is because he doesn't want to pay for a real trainer. He actally knows Salas personally and knows that the reason why Gamboa fired Salas was over money (he didn't want to pay him).

Well on witter for the last few days gamboa has been promoting and selling all his used gear and sends out a few tweets a day encouraging fans to buy it.

Damn he turned down that 1.2 mil to get to this low point?
        Good ****.

He selling the walk in jacket he wore against Farenas? That was bad-ass.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
          damn, he prolly paid off some debts with last weekends money

he gona have to get a normal job

"que mas carne ni que mas carne asi viene el sanwhich man"
          lmao

"I didn't come to Juniteh Stay to break my fucking back, hijo."

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            lmao

"I didn't come to Juniteh Stay to break my fucking back, hijo."
            hopefully Gamboa knows something about cocaine lol

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
              hopefully Gamboa knows something about cocaine lol
              Or baggage handling. lol

Comment

he should try amateur pr0n

Comment

Well it won't really bother him because he's never really had any money. Being broke in USA is not like being broke in the caribbean

Comment

real talk though, steroids are expensive. it's common knowledge bodybuilders do gay 4 pay to support steroids. it's not uncommon to spend 3-5k a month. HGH is very very expensive.

Comment

One of my posts from another thread that might answer your question as to why or how...

Gamboa had 2 promoters consisting of Oner and Top Rank and 1-2 manager(s) (one of them being Oner (which is illegal in the US, but legal in Germany or wherever the agreements took place)). The standard fee for 1 of these promoters is around 30%, the co-promotional arrangement had to have been from a substantial amount of Gamboa's purse. The standard managerial fee is 15%, the plural is in parenthesis because in addition to his promoter/manager, Gamboa hired a lawyer to get him out of the contracts (Oner helped Gamboa defect so he had to agree to certain contracts before he even defected from Cuba).

As you can see, a $1M purse after taxes (approx. 40% for a non-US citizen), promotional, managerial, and training fees (usually 10% for an established trainer seemingly answering my question as to why Gamboa hired his father to be his trainer) comes out to less than $200,000, even looking at a conservative estimate.
                      And he never got that million dollar purse for a fight, but that was standard procedure for most of his purses.

Comment

Working...
                      X