Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Vitaly get credit for losing to a shot Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Vitaly get credit for losing to a shot Lewis?

First off let me start by saying Vitaly is a very good fighter, a h2h test for any heavyweight in history. But why does he get so much credit for losing to Lennox Lewis? He showed great heart by wanting to continue like a warrior and redeemed himself in the eyes of most after quitting against Byrd. But the fact is he was sucking wind against a fat, tired and unmotivated Lewis who had been knocked cold just two years before, and while he was ahead before the stoppage Lewis was closing the gap and rocking him. So other than his heart, which should be acknowledged, why does he get so much credit for losing?

Let's keep this thread civil, no flaming please.

.........it will definitely tarnish his legacy. Vitali lost and got stopped in his biggest fight.

Not to mention he got his face destroyed

Last edited by LeG00N; 11-07-2011, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      .........it will definitely tarnish his legacy. Vitali lost and got stopped in his biggest fight.

Not to mention he got his faced destroyed

The willingness to fight on has elevated his status and I think he deserves to be recognized for that. But it was still a loss to a guy who came in at a career high in weight, was 37, and still basking in the limelight of his most recognizable victory even if it was over a shot Mike Tyson who only showed up for the pay day. Why is it no one talks about how he was exhausted by round 5 and getting tagged repeatedly by a guy who was even more exhausted than him?

Comment

My honest opinion..

I think the credit he gets is due to the heart he showed. Im a fan of both but i really admire Vitali. I think he could hold his own in any era because he's legit tough.

Comment

I've no idea why he gets credit for it.

Prepare for 'The FACTS'

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post

Prepare for 'The FACTS'

Too true. I love 'The Facts'.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
              My honest opinion..

I think the credit he gets is due to the heart he showed. Im a fan of both but i really admire Vitali. I think he could hold his own in any era because he's legit tough.
              I agree with this post 100%.

Comment

Prepare for 'The FACTS'
                Originally posted by BennyST View Post

Too true. I love 'The Facts'.
                Im looking for legitimate debate here, not that spamming ******ation we get from our little friend. What name is he using now? I'll just put him on ignore so he can't post in this thread.

Comment

Prepare for 'The FACTS'
                  don't worry, he's banned :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                    My honest opinion..

Yeah, good post. The guys has balls and is tough as they come. Still dont see why he gets credit for that particular fight though.

Comment

Working...
                    X