No announcement yet.

Calzaghe vs Dawson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I think Calzaghe would beat him by Decison.

Another question;

If Dawson beats Hopkins on saturday what else does he have to do to equal or surpass Calzaghe's resume?

I mean, Dawson's win over Adamek is about as good as Calzaghe's win over Kessler.

Glen Johnson x2 is better than Calzaghe's win over Jeff Lacy.

And 43 Hopkins > 46 Hopkins (Just about)

So really, and rather embarrasingly, If Dawson wins on Saturday he really isn't far off Calzaghe's resume, IMO.

Dawson, on the other hand I feel is and still would be no where near HOF calibur if he wins on Saturday.
    If he Dawson wins Saturday his quality of wins surpasses Calzaghe's in my opinion. As of now alone, beating Tarver twice was more impressive than Calzaghe beating a shot Roy Jones jr.
    Last edited by joseph5620; 10-11-2011, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      If he Dawson wins Saturday his quality of wins surpasses Calzaghe's in my opinion. As of now alone, beating Tarver twice was more impressive than Calzaghe beating a shot Roy Jones jr.
      Don't you just find that pathetic? That Chad Dawson's quality of wins will be better than a future HOF'er's?

Beating Tarver twice is certainly better than beating the Jones Jr Calzaghe fought.

Beating Glen Johnson twice is most definitely better than beating Jeff Lacy.

Beating Adamek is equal if not better than beating Kessler.

And Hopkins 43 and Hopkins 46 are round about the same.

I would say that his other 'decent' wins like Richie Woodhall and Robin Reid are not much better than Dawson's win over Diaconu or some of his other bogus title defences.

Dawson is miles away from the HOF though. Don't you think?

I don't consider him to be near the conversation personally.

Yet, Calzaghe is First Ballot. Or atleast he will be.

Comment

Its well known here I dont care for Calzaghe but lets be real he'd maul Chad Dawson. No way Dawson beats him, not enough energy, passion, desire or workrate to prevent him from being damn near white washed by Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Don't you just find that pathetic? That Chad Dawson's quality of wins will be better than a future HOF'er's?
          Beating Tarver twice is certainly better than beating the Jones Jr Calzaghe fought.

Beating Glen Johnson twice is most definitely better than beating Jeff Lacy.

Beating Adamek is equal if not better than beating Kessler.

And Hopkins 43 and Hopkins 46 are round about the same.

I would say that his other 'decent' wins like Richie Woodhall and Robin Reid are not much better than Dawson's win over Diaconu or some of his other bogus title defences.

Dawson is miles away from the HOF though. Don't you think?

I don't consider him to be near the conversation personally.

Yet, Calzaghe is First Ballot. Or atleast he will be.
          It really is. I've always admired Calzaghe's skills but his resume is seriously lacking when he's talked about as an ATG. And yes, Dawson's resume is not HOF material or even close right now.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Its well known here I dont care for Calzaghe but lets be real he'd maul Chad Dawson. No way Dawson beats him, not enough energy, passion, desire or workrate to prevent him from being damn near white washed by Calzaghe.
            Dawson wouldn't get whitewashed, Calzaghe didn't whitewash Kessler, Reid or Hopkins.

Comment

Yep some of these answers made me remember why I try to avoid Calzaghe discussions in message boards. Some of these replies are just ridiculous.

I understand people thinking Dawson would win, but he has done nothing to suggest he would win by a shut out. Seriously that answer is just stupid. And more than 1 person gave it.

The hatred for Calzaghe depresses me a little.

I blame myself though, I shouldn't have started this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
                Yep some of these answers made me remember why I try to avoid Calzaghe discussions in message boards. Some of these replies are just ridiculous.

I understand people thinking Dawson would win, but he has done nothing to suggest he would win by a shut out. Seriously that answer is just stupid. And more than 1 person gave it.

The hatred for Calzaghe depresses me a little.

I blame myself though, I shouldn't have started this thread.

Right now there are about 4 different threads here with Calzaghe's name in them. That's part of the problem.

Comment

I'm going to hold off until after his fight with Nard, but I don't think Chad can keep Joe off him for long without being worn out. I'll say for sure after the 15th

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                    END OF THREAD RIGHT THERE

Comment

Working...
                    X