Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I too old to box?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you let it be it will, just start asap and try to make up for loss time, only goood things can come from learning a martial art, remember you will have the record for ever the tapes and the skill to pass it on to others so get in now and you will have no regrets

Comment

Rocky Marciano got started in his mid-20s.

It won't be a walk in the park at your age but with discipline and determination you'll get far.

Comment

Never too old to start something new, there is a dude at my gym who is 68 and hitting the bag and working out almost every day.

However if you are asking if you could make a career out of boxing, there answer is most likely not.

Everything is possible but you should start by joining a gym and get training asap. Do some sparring and see how you deal with getting punched in the face.

Comment

I wonder how he got on?.

Comment

If you tell yourself that, and that's what you think, then yeah you're too old.

As corny as it sounds, if you stay positive and you're confident in yourself, you can be the next B-Hop or Sergio Martinez.

My opinion is, you're not too old. Especially if you give 100% and stay in the best shape that you can. It's always an interesting story when a boxer goes pro late. Even if you make some noise as an amateur or a sparring partner, you'd still have accomplished something.

Comment

Anything is possible but to be honest with you, if you haven't been boxing since you were a kid, it's incredibly tough.

At 32, your already old in boxing. It's almost impossible to make up that lost time in a short time. Unless you are of course some incredible athlete and natural in the sport, you might just be I don't know.

Comment

Working...
              X