Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Wlad faced another fighter like Pulev, similar style maybe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Wlad faced another fighter like Pulev, similar style maybe?

I don't think so! For such a big man he's very bouncy on his toes. He goes in, provoke, steps out counters and finishes combos with a jab.

As good as Wlad's jab, it's great actually, Wlad hasn't faced anybody that jabs strong and consistently throughout a fight the way Pulev does. Not in the pros anyway.

I'm smelling an upset here and I think Wlad will be frustrated. If Wlad could get beat up by contenders like Lamon and Corey Sanders, and who is that journeyman's name again that he quit against? Puleve doesn't know losing yet, doesn't know age yet and Wlad really hasn't evolved beyond the clinch game. So if the jab doesn't work, the clinch game won't be there either.

I hope it's a great fight and I hope Pulev proves himself to be the tactician that he's shown himself to be against a master tactician like Wlad.

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
    I don't think so! For such a big man he's very bouncy on his toes. He goes in, provoke, steps out counters and finishes combos with a jab.

As good as Wlad's jab, it's great actually, Wlad hasn't faced anybody that jabs strong and consistently throughout a fight the way Pulev does. Not in the pros anyway.

I'm smelling an upset here and I think Wlad will be frustrated. If Wlad could get beat up by contenders like Lamon and Corey Sanders, and who is that journeyman's name again that he quit against? Puleve doesn't know losing yet, doesn't know age yet and Wlad really hasn't evolved beyond the clinch game. So if the jab doesn't work, the clinch game won't be there either.

I hope it's a great fight and I hope Pulev proves himself to be the tactician that he's shown himself to be against a master tactician like Wlad.
    brewster and sanders had huge power tho. if pulev was a bigger puncher I could see an upset possible. pulev is probably the best boxer with size that wlad has faced but he doesnt do anything as good or better than wlad other than taking a punch. I think it will be competitve but wlad should win by a descent margin on the cards I suspect

Comment

Pulev struggles to land a clean right hand on Ustinov and it's not even that big of a power punch, he has close to no chance at all against Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Y0@NN View Post
        Pulev struggles to land a clean right hand on Ustinov and it's not even that big of a power punch, he has close to no chance at all against Wlad.
        yea,,,but hes pretty nimble on his feet for a big man and has a good jab. I think he will throw wlads timing off but like you said,,,his lack of power will probably prevent an upset

Comment

Originally posted by Y0@NN View Post
          Pulev's punches are not powerful but they hurt. There is a reason people stay at bay when he throws punches.

I'll make a bold prediction and say that Pulev will outjab Klitschko.

Comment

Pulev is good at outboxing other guys his size but he's not going to outbox Wlad.
            Wlad's power is basically 10/10 while Pulev throws a lot of superficial point punching.
            Wlad's jab is perhaps the best in boxing... Pulev's is just good.

I really don't see how Pulev wins this fight. He has a style that can cause problems for every OTHER heavyweight out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie Beater View Post
              Pulev is good at outboxing other guys his size but he's not going to outbox Wlad.
              Wlad's power is basically 10/10 while Pulev throws a lot of superficial point punching.
              Wlad's jab is perhaps the best in boxing... Pulev's is just good.

I really don't see how Pulev wins this fight. He has a style that can cause problems for every OTHER heavyweight out there.
              I think Pulev will adjust later in the fight and take over. Pulev has more heart, more speed and more stamina.

Comment

I think Pulev will adjust later in the fight and take over. Pulev has more heart, more speed and more stamina.
                wlad clearly has faster hands than pulev. pulev probably does have the better chin and gas tank tho

Comment

Ross Puritty. And he didn't exactly quit did he...cornerman jumped in the ring and threw in the towel. But that's completely irrelevant in this discussion.

Pulev doesn't know losing yet? Neither did Povetkin...Wach...Pianeta...Chagaev...Ibragimov and others. Staying undefeated of course is good for a winners mentality...but none of these guys had ever faced someone like Wlad, so it doesn't really make a difference.

And you sort of contradict yourself by saying Wlad is a 'master tactician' yet apparently he "hasn't evolved beyond the clinch game"...

Overall, I haven't seen any conclusive evidence that Pulev does anything equally good as Wlad, let alone better (skills wise). Yes, he's a big, strong guy...good jab, good gas tank. But his lack of power is going to hurt him. And while his jab is just 'good', maybe even 'great'...Wlad possesses an ATG one.

This fight is going to go similar to the Povetkin one, except Pulev won't be manhandled as much. 117-111 UD for Wlad. Maybe a late KO if Wlad really goes for it and if Pulev's chin doesn't stand up to the test of Wlad's power.

Comment

He's gonna knock pulev out

I watched pulev fight joey abell and he got dropped

Comment

Working...
                    X