Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves: I've Got Everything I Need To Beat Froch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Groves: I've Got Everything I Need To Beat Froch!

George Groves insists his split with trainer Adam Booth hasn't derailed his training schedule ahead of next month's world title fight against Carl Froch.

Groves challenges veteran Froch for his IBF and WBA super middleweight belts in front of the Sky Sports cameras in Manchester on November 23.

The undefeated Londoner had worked with Booth since turning professional five years and 19 fights ago, but says he's been able to stay focused on the task before him.

"Adam informed me that we were no longer working together which I accepted," Groves told Sky Sports.

[Click Here To Read More]

The split with Adam Booth happened at the worst possible time. Going into a fight of this magnitude you would want to have a stable team with experience working together.

I think Froch is going to do a number on him.

Comment

Telling his new trainer what he wants to do?

Sounds like his trainer is no longer the boss,hence Booth deciding to stop training him.

Hope Groves can do it but not letting the trainer be the boss doesn't bode well.

Comment

If you strip away the bull**** and focus on the facts that he's parted ways with his career long trainer weeks before his first world title fight (where he is a heavy underdog); where his opponent is seldom out of shape or comes in to a fight unprepared, it does not bode favourably.

He's going to get chin checked, and without Booth in the corner I see him straying from the glaringly logical hit and move game plan that we all know he needs to implement to have any chance of winning.

I don't believe George has the power, so I'd expect Carl to rush him as per his strategy in Mack/Bute.

Comment

Somebody bought him a gun?

Comment

Adam booth is not only a trainer but a manager and very intelligent guy maybe he didn't want the Froch fight just yet, also with the word's of Froch saying he's put George down in sparring and now this split kind of makes me think there is truth to Froch's words and Adam booth didn't want the fight for George but George's ego got the better of him and he took the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Copyright View Post
              Adam booth is not only a trainer but a manager and very intelligent guy maybe he didn't want the Froch fight just yet, also with the word's of Froch saying he's put George down in sparring and now this split kind of makes me think there is truth to Froch's words and Adam booth didn't want the fight for George but George's ego got the better of him and he took the fight.
              Froch's not that far away from retirement. Groves kind of had to take the shot if he wanted to reap the financial benefits.

Comment

Froch going to smash this fool harder than he does his sexy ass woman.

Comment

Why the hell would Groves' manager and (entire pro career) trainer dump him weeks before the biggest fight of his life? The culmination of all their shared hard work? It just doesn't make sense.

Possible reasons:
                  Booth too busy with Haye, Groves not happy. They part ways.
                  Booth thinks Groves not ready, Groves takes fight any way. They part ways.
                  Third party disrupts relationship with Booth and Groves, (eg. Matchroom). They part ways
                  They disagree over purse split. (my preferred theory) They part ways
                  This is all a massive hoax to mess with Froch. They haven't parted ways at all.

Comment

Groves has been chillingly confident in some of his recent interviews; no outrageous hype or 'I am the man' amateur dramatics.

He's just simply been stating his case that he believes he can handle Froch, has picked exactly the right time and knows how to beat the guy.

Interestingly, he seems to be calmness personified with the Booth bust-up and Froch's reputation seemingly not being an issue for him.

Of course, he wouldn't be the first underdog to try the 'it is all under control mate' routine before a major fight and many of these guys get exposed.

But I do think Groves has the knack of handling big amounts of pressure extremely well and has a certain, inner confidence is his own ability that is often the hallmark of a world-class fighter.

Mentally, I suspect George is a tough cookie. I can remember the way Groves just sat back and let DeGale rant and rave away (heaping more pressure on himself the whole time) and did not seem to waste an ounce of energy.

Groves is an interesting character and I am beginning to change my mind about his chances.

Comment

Working...
                    X