Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last fighter you would have clearly favoured to beat Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a welter, I'd go with Whitaker or Leonard. Whitaker's defense, with some jabbing and bodywork, would win it for him and Leonard would go after him hard, like Hearns 1 or Duran 1 and either get a close unanimous decision or a late stoppage, probably the 11th in a 12 rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      In top physical & Mental condition I think these men would defeat Mayweather!

Shane Mosley
      Oscar DelaHoya
      Tito Trinidad
      Pacman
      Petey Whitaker
      V. Forrest
      D. Curry
      Marlon Starling
      Ray Leonard
      Tommy Hearns
      Roberto Duran

Jose Napoli (Did you mean Napoles?)
      Emile Griffth
      Stan Harrington
      Kid Gavalin
      Carmen Basillo
      Sugar Ray Robinson
      ..........theres a few others I'm sure, some toss ups might be;
      Lloyd Honygun sp)
      Mark Breland
      Milton McCrory
      Floyd Mayweather Sr...hahahaha!!!
      ...............also more here that could have given him good competition.
      Theres 17 I believe could defeat Floyd and another 4 to probably 10 that would give him very good competition. Floyd is very good but not great! Ray.
      Glaring omission from the Fab Four(see red above): The Marvelous One (Hagler)

Comment

Floyd doesn't fight at 160lbs, so no Hagler!!! The fighters I mentioned all fought at 147 at some point in their careers! I'm sure I could think of some more men like Stan Harrington who is unknown on the forum but one tuff man who fought at 47 and 60 and as a southpaw was a difficult opponent for many high caliber fighters.
        Stan beat Robinson late in Sugars career but non the less he did it more than once. He has wins over a few excellant fighters!!! Ray

Comment

Whos Floyd Mayweather Jr?

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Sr. son! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              Floyd doesn't fight at 160lbs, so no Hagler!!! The fighters I mentioned all fought at 147 at some point in their careers! I'm sure I could think of some more men like Stan Harrington who is unknown on the forum but one tuff man who fought at 47 and 60 and as a southpaw was a difficult opponent for many high caliber fighters.
              Stan beat Robinson late in Sugars career but non the less he did it more than once. He has wins over a few excellant fighters!!! Ray
              You got me on a technicality there. Since Duran fought Hagler and he's listed, I figured them to be roughly in the same ballpark weightwise. Still, on the basis of styles and Hagler's punching power, I think he would knock Mayweather on his - shall we say - donkey for the full count...

Comment

At 147 I think quite a few of the all time greats would be favored over him just based on his small frame. At 140 and 135 I think the list would narrow down to a only a select handful.

Comment

Working...
                X