Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Ward Dare Joe Calzaghe To Unretire, Finalize Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
    I guess Calzaghe is old enough and inactive enough to be beat now. That's brave from Team Ward.
    Yeah because since Cal has been gone Ward hasnt been fighting the best.

Brave? Ward resume is shytting on Calzaghe.

Comment

I dare Andre Ward to fight Wladamir Klitschko

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        I dare Andre Ward to fight Wladamir Klitschko
        I'd still pick Ward over some of the competition that Wlad has faced

Comment

Why is team ward trying to weight drain old Calzaghe?

I suppose they'd try to make him come to Oakland too.

Comment

Originally posted by cuzzlo View Post
            Deal with Froch, slow ass Froch that loves home advantage???? When Ward fought Froch he said, "I couldn't believe how slow he was!!!" Calzaghe would have given Froch a dummy and a cot.
            I always do get perplexed when I read in NSB that Slapsie ducked Froch.

Slapsie was a cherry slapper and I do love some Cobra, but Carl wasn't a legitimate world level fighter until December 2008. Before that he was fighting the likes of Albert Rybacki, Tony Dodson and a shot Robin Reid. By the time he got his world title Calzaghe was already looking for two easy pay days against over the hill fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
              Calzaghe didnt even want to deal with The Cobra. He surely wants no part of SoG.
              Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
              I always do get perplexed when I read in NSB that Slapsie ducked Froch.

Slapsie was a cherry slapper and I do love some Cobra, but Carl wasn't a legitimate world level fighter until December 2008. Before that he was fighting the likes of Albert Rybacki, Tony Dodson and a shot Robin Reid. By the time he got his world title Calzaghe was already looking for two easy pay days against over the hill fighters.
              Annie beat me to it.

A lot of people have created this myth about how Calzaghe avoided Froch ad all this, yet when Froch was calling Calzaghe out he got a lot of hate. Everybody, and I mean everybody, was saying Froch had fought no body and he was delusional to think Calzaghe would fight him. By the time Froch stepped up in class against Pascal, Calzaghe was pretty much out the door and into retirement.

As for Ward and his team calling him out, a daring moving... calling out a 40 year old coming off a 4/5 year lay off

Comment

Yeah, it's weird how people allow emotions to rewrite facts.

Carl Froch has (deservedly) gained a lot of respect and love from a lot of boxing fans. And why not? Fights everyone, huge heart, great chin, travels the globe to fight the best, funny guy, bangs a hot broad.

But when Slapsie was in his pomp at SMW, Froch wasn't even on the map as a world class fighter. It was a choice between unifying all four belts against Mikkel Kessler, or fighting a guy who had just won on points against Tony Dodson.

As for this Ward fight, it would have been very, very interesting at the time, if you could take a peak Slapsie and put him in there. Not now. A 40 year old Slapsie who couldn't even make weight and would be jet lagged from flying to Oakland, with white powder dripping out of his nose?

Comment

This guy takes the piss. I bet he wants it in Oakland aswell. And Calzaghe last fought at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                    Yeah, it's weird how people allow emotions to rewrite facts.

Carl Froch has (deservedly) gained a lot of respect and love from a lot of boxing fans. And why not? Fights everyone, huge heart, great chin, travels the globe to fight the best, funny guy, bangs a hot broad.

But when Slapsie was in his pomp at SMW, Froch wasn't even on the map as a world class fighter. It was a choice between unifying all four belts against Mikkel Kessler, or fighting a guy who had just won on points against Tony Dodson.

As for this Ward fight, it would have been very, very interesting at the time, if you could take a peak Slapsie and put him in there. Not now. A 40 year old Slapsie who couldn't even make weight and would be jet lagged from flying to Oakland, with white powder dripping out of his nose?
                    Yeah, I've seen the whole "Calzaghe ducked Froch" thing thrown around a bit these days. As you said, strange how things get rewritten

I remember getting pissed off a Froch back then for always claiming Calzaghe was avoiding him, while fighting the likes of Albert Rybacki (Who?). Also, Froch seems to have improved a lot, cause I swear he used to look fairly useless against low level opposition

Ward - Calzaghe in his prime would be an interesting one, but all that would happen now is a humiliating loss to end Joe's career and half of NSB saying "OMG TOLD U HE WAS A BUM LMAO"

Comment

He also avoided Glen Johnson.

Sue me. Fu-kk Joke Calzaghe. Wards resume is killing his already.

Comment

Working...
                      X