No announcement yet.

Greatest Rivalries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    Barrera-Morales and Ali-Frazier are probably my favorites, I always thought the Pac-Marquez rivalry was underrated. Ted "Kid" Lewis fought Jack Britton 20 times, Sam Langford fought Harry wills 17 times and Cocoa Kid fought Holman Williams 11 times.
    Was waiting on someone mentioning Lewis vs Britton!

I love the Pac vs Marquez fights, infact i watch their second fight all the time. And it is a good rivalry, Marquez so bitter, Pacquaio the superstar.
    But it falls well short of Benn vs Eubank in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      For me it's Castillo/Corralles
      I rate their first fight as the best fight ive ever seen, top 3 at the very very least, even their second fight is brilliant and very under appreciated as it didnt live up to the first (how could it!?) and had the contraversy over weight sour it a bit

Dont rate the rivalry too high tho

I think Gatti vs Ward while totally different from Benn vs Eubank is a good one, great fights and the fact they became such close friends after the wars they went through, its a feel good rivalry. Loved that video of Ward and Gatti in hospital beds next to each other lol

Comment

Here's a thread I made a while ago on the same subject, if you're interested.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...ight=Rivalries

Basilio vs Robinson is my favourite.

Comment

I recently watched the Barrera/McKinney fight. I know sometimes things are staged for the cameras but it really seemed to me that Barrera wanted to kill McKinney, and after the press conference so did I! I was so rooting for Barrera that when the fight was over - and what a fight it was - I nearly burst into tears! You can't beat a fight where there's someone you really like up against a loudmouth and they shut him up good and proper.

Comment

Originally posted by McBean View Post
            I recently watched the Barrera/McKinney fight. I know sometimes things are staged for the cameras but it really seemed to me that Barrera wanted to kill McKinney, and after the press conference so did I! I was so rooting for Barrera that when the fight was over - and what a fight it was - I nearly burst into tears! You can't beat a fight where there's someone you really like up against a loudmouth and they shut him up good and proper.
            Barrera showed Mckinney love after the fight too like a true warrior.

Comment

Working...
            X