Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do mayweather fans overrate his win over hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALPHA O`MEGA View Post
    floyd got alot of **** for fighting him.and floyd's fanboys wanna be like him, so they call his opponents bums, then at the end of the fight, th opponent was a great fighter.i wonder if they cry everytime floyd wins too?
    lmao

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
      when they are the same people putting hatton down before the fight saying he was too small, too slow, no jab etc.

makes me sick.
      People do that all the time.. They build up their guy by putting down the guys they beat or are going to fight.. not realising they are diminishing their own guy's acomplishments in the process.. idiots

Comment

Originally posted by abadger View Post
        I think it is usually underrated. Hatton was a live challenger to Floyd, arguably the most credible at the time.
        You're joking, right?

How could Hatton be the most credible when he wasn't even in the division? And the last time he was seen at 147, he was holding on to Louis Collazo's knees for dear life?

But I guess Margarito wasn't credible. Nor Williams. Nor Cotto. Just Hatton.

Dude, a lot of people saw the fight for what it was - big money.

Comment

hatton called floyd out and got what he asked for..an ass whoopin..whats the problem sumones 0 had to go..lol

Comment

I take away nothing from PBF for the Hatton win…people can try to downgrade it to a mismatch but I was among MANY fight fans that were clamoring for that showdown when they were both at 140…and its not like PBF was a ‘natural’ or ‘big’ welter…that was a legit bout with two unbeatens…one of PBF’s finest performances

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              You're joking, right?

How could Hatton be the most credible when he wasn't even in the division? And the last time he was seen at 147, he was holding on to Louis Collazo's knees for dear life?

But I guess Margarito wasn't credible. Nor Williams. Nor Cotto. Just Hatton.

Dude, a lot of people saw the fight for what it was - big money.
              As I said, arguable. The hype surrounding Hatton was huge, and he was the one with wins over then P4P #2 Tszyu, often regarded as Mayweather's biggest miss as an opponent and a KO over the one man to arguably beat Floyd, Castillo. He'd also come up to welter and won a belt there too, as well as being the linear champ at 140. You and I know that Tszyu was getting on and Castillo was done, but these collection of achievements made him a fairly credible and compelling opponent for Floyd. You can make the case easily that in real terms Cotto, Williams or Margarito were more credible, and perhaps at welter they were, but the case is not conclusively better than Ricky's, so I don't regard it as a bad fight or soft opponent for Floyd at all.

Comment

how is a win aginst a champion, and p4p fighter anything short of a great win?

Comment

Originally posted by abadger View Post
                  As I said, arguable. The hype surrounding Hatton was huge, and he was the one with wins over then P4P #2 Tszyu, often regarded as Mayweather's biggest miss as an opponent and a KO over the one man to arguably beat Floyd, Castillo. He'd also come up to welter and won a belt there too, as well as being the linear champ at 140. You and I know that Tszyu was getting on and Castillo was done, but these collection of achievements made him a fairly credible and compelling opponent for Floyd. You can make the case easily that in real terms Cotto, Williams or Margarito were more credible, and perhaps at welter they were, but the case is not conclusively better than Ricky's, so I don't regard it as a bad fight or soft opponent for Floyd at all.

Yikes...the Tszyu win was ages ago. The win over Castillo meant nothing as Castillo was already out the door. And yes he came up to welter but winning a belt is debatable. he looked like utter **** and would've gotten KO'ed had the fight lasted 20 seconds longer.

But whatever. If you believe Hatton was more credible than Margarito, Williams or Cotto...more power to you.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
                    no 1 said he was to small till he got ktfo and that was the brits excuse!!!!hatton is naturally bigger than floyd!!just shorter//and that was a great win undefeated brit laying on his back!!!!great
                    I see you have a lot of hatred towards the brits..

Who has the 1 Linear Champ and has about 10x the population and who has 4 linear champs?????????

Your post reeks of Hatred and it is appaling.

Comment

It is a very good win. I love when people say Hatton is not a true welter because it is not like Floyd started at 130. Just because Floyd has been at the weight and has the skill to be successful at higher weights, that does not mke him a MUCH bigger man. Hatton and Mayweather are pretty much the same ****ing size no matter which weight class they fight at.

Comment

Working...
                      X