Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never let boxing fans vote for your opponent! I. E Broner vs maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember when USA Tuesday Night Fights was brining up Oba Carr and they let th fans vote on who Oba would fight next, the fans chose Livingston Bramble.

Now Oba had some good skills and was well schooled but he was only 18 or 19 years old and Bramble was an older, well tested road dawg who was still dangerous and always comes to fight. Not to mention Bramble was a former world champion.

I went to the Palace to see the bout and I thought that it blew up in Obas face. It was a gutsy move to agree to fight Bramble and I give Carr a hell of alot of credit for going through with it, but I thought Bramble won that bout.

Who were the other choices besides Bramble?

I would love to see the replay of that bout, could somebody put it up so that I can see it again from an angle better than the nose bleed seats....... Rockin'
    Last edited by Rockin'; 12-16-2013, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Marcos obviously is no slouch in the power department, but I have to believe that if that were Matthysse last night in there...there's a high probability that Broner lights would have been turned off. Hard for me to see Broner even making it through half the fight let alone getting to the finish line against LM.
      He would have broken Broner in half. It would have been awful.

Comment

Haymon knew what he was doing. They thought Broner would shine in front of a guy that stood in front of him.

He needed to look spectacular after Paulie made him look average. This was supposed to be Mayweather vs Gatti part 2.

Comment

"Never fight tough opposition because you might loose" If most fighters started thinking like that why even watch boxing? To see bunch of fights in where fighter A is always supposed to beat fighter B? FOH

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            He would have broken Broner in half. It would have been awful.
            I actually preferred this 12 round brutal beat down, plus the dry humping and combing of the hair was priceless. I suppose Chino getting the KO in the last round would have been the icing on the cake but i'm satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
              "Never fight tough opposition because you might loose" If most fighters started thinking like that why even watch boxing? To see bunch of fights in where fighter A is always supposed to beat fighter B? FOH
              You can fight tough opposition but when you are ready. Mayweather chooses his guys (his team) and they are all tough. This is not a sport you play. Stepping up the right way is the key.

Don't put words as if I said it. If you are suggesting that is what I said.

Comment

Working...
              X