Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Interpreter Do You Prefer? Jerry Olaya Or Ray Torres?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Interpreter Do You Prefer? Jerry Olaya Or Ray Torres?

...for me, i like Ray Torres...i'm not fluent in espanol but i get the feeling that Torres doesn't filter his translations and just says what he hears

when you hear a translation of 'beat the **** out of him' or 'put water on his balls' then you have an ATG translator

who do you guys prefer?

please vote and discuss
    Ray Torres
    27.78%
    Jerry Olaya
    72.22%

Olaya and it's not remotely close.

Ray Torres is probably the worst ever alongside Ferddie Pacheco.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
      Olaya and it's not remotely close.

Ray Torres is probably the worst ever alongside Ferddie Pacheco.

really? you dont like Ray?

Comment

Once in a while Olaya lets an occasional "****" or "ass" slip out. Either way though, the way these translators are able to translate to the fighter while the interviewer is still speaking is quite something. I still can't get over it. I usually need a good 30 seconds to translate a small sentence English to Armenian or vice versa.

Comment

Ray Torres was just terrible. Olaya is smooth and articulate.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            really? you dont like Ray?
            I don't care for him because he just makes/made shit up all the time, he ain't a pro like Olaya who is always on point..

Comment

This guy:

"He makes happy to that kind of people"

Comment

i like the guy who translates the people speaking in the corners. He's always spot on.

I don't like the guy with the glasses. He always leaves **** out. I mean they're paying him for 3-4 minutes of translation; the least he could do is get it right.

Comment

Spanish speaking fighter: Bueno pense que gane la pelea. El pegaba muy fuerte pero yo pienso que yo conecte con los golpes mas duros. Es ovio que yo soy el mejor peleador. No que duda. Me lastime la mano en el tercero pero estuvo bien de cualquier manera pienso que gane. Quiero la revancha.

Either translator: Uhhhhhh...he said it was a good fight and he wants the rematch.

Comment

Ray "Let me, let me, pour some water on your balls" Torres is more entertaining but everything I've read indicates Olaya is more accurate (and I do like the enthusiasm he adds often). I'll go with accuracy.

Comment

Working...
                    X