Tom Loeffler (on Golovkin's next opponent): "Rubio is the leader"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Loeffler (on Golovkin's next opponent): "Rubio is the leader"

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI
    @TheFightSource @hollyhood009 They are all over the place with GGG's opponents. But Tom Loeffler told me in Germany Rubio was the leader

Also

• I’m told Edwin Rodriguez wanted $750,000 to fight Gennady Golovkin in January. That was a non-starter. Meanwhile, Golovkin is still searching for an opponent for his Jan. 19 date on HBO. I’m told former world title challenger Marco Antonio Rubio has emerged as a legitimate candidate.

http://mma-boxing.si.com/2012/11/13/...ture-and-more/

I'd sooner see him fight Rubio than have GGG move up to 168 where he'll be too small.

But hopefully some of the top middleweights will have the courage to fight him a few months down the road.

Comment

Rubio ? as in Marco Antonio Veneno Rubio ? : S

If this fight gets made Marco Antonio its a dead men walking.

Comment

Golovkin/Rubio would almost ensure that Quillin/Taylor happens. However, it'll put GGG on the WBO rankings, right in Kid Chocolate's line of fire. After Rubio, he should try to get Pirog, and then that'll put him in line for a unification bout.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          However, it'll put GGG on the WBO rankings, right in Kid Chocolate's line of fire
          How? Champions of other organizations are never ranked in the WBO.

Anyway, this is what Edwin said on facebook so who knows.

"That's funny, cuz I took the fight for less than 500k. Then they pulled the plug. I was told they prefer to fight Thomas osthosusan."

And then:

"Golonkin team goes and tell everyone that wants to listen that he would fight anyone from 154-168 but at the end of the day they offered me a fight but demand that I have to come down to a catch weight, 164lbs."
          Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-13-2012, 08:41 PM.

Comment

golvokin and quillin are both trying to find opponents................what should they do!

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Golovkin/Rubio would almost ensure that Quillin/Taylor happens. However, it'll put GGG on the WBO rankings, right in Kid Chocolate's line of fire. After Rubio, he should try to get Pirog, and then that'll put him in line for a unification bout.
              If you hold a belt of one of the sanctioning bodies, you can't get ranked in the others~ so Golovkin would have to drop his belt to get a WBO ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                This is what Edwin said on facebook so who knows.

How? Champions of other organizations are never ranked in the WBO.
                Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                If you hold a belt of one of the sanctioning bodies, you can't get ranked in the others~ so Golovkin would have to drop his belt to get a WBO ranking.

Learn something new every day lol. Rubio isn't on the WBA rankings though, so GGG would be doing Quillin's work for free? That sucks.

Comment

Although I'd like to see Golovkin against the top dawgs in the division, I like this fight. Rubio's been in with top competition and is a tough fight for anyone. He's not the most defense savvy boxer but he can bang and his style should provide GGG a showcase for his...
                  Last edited by BostonGuy; 11-13-2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Golovkin should wreck Rubio, I would be very disappointed by any other outcome.

Comment

Working...
                    X