No announcement yet.

Square enix hints at final fantasy XIII-3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    I think "Final Fantasy VII" is easily the most overrated RPG of all time. I'm not even sure why people would WANT to see it remade, apart from Cloud the characters are a mix of your typical annoying female sidekicks, cartoonish'ly bad angry black guys, and a talking mountain lion lab experiment thingy. Not to mention that f@ggot Cait Sith who is a talking cat that sits atop a marionette.

That game was painfully terrible, IMO and I hope to never see it again.

Meanwhile "Final Fantasy XII" on the PS2 (the least loved by fans of the franchise) had richly deep political backdrop serving as it's storyline, and the "gambit" system was much more engrossing than the outdate turn based combat the series is famous for, and fans just **** all over it saying it sucked.

I'll never understand Final Fantasy fans, it seems all they want is Final fantasy 7, over, and over, and over again.
    To be honest, the ones who started with and love VII the most tend to be the biggest proponents of the later games as well. I'm a bit of an anomaly in that I very much liked VII as well as IV and VI before it (I think it was probably the most fun of the three), but dislike everything after that. VIII was the death knell for the series. At the time of course Square was still making solid non-FF games (some of which were even original), so they hadn't totally gone to ****. Now all they do is pander and try to make garbage Hollywood film style games.

And for everyone whining for a remake of most anything - good games do not need to be remade (ones that had potential but were ultimately flawed, maybe). All they can do is **** it up. Move on.
    Last edited by Miburo; 07-22-2012, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I'm all about Square Enix making new RPGs/JRPGs. Some of their works seem pretty damn interesting thus far. Far more interesting than these ****ty RPGS with the "Final Fantasy" license, anyway.

"The Last Remnant" looked pretty damn promising.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        I'm all about Square Enix making new RPGs/JRPGs. Some of their works seem pretty damn interesting thus far. Far more interesting than these ****ty RPGS with the "Final Fantasy" license, anyway.

"The Last Remnant" looked pretty damn promising.
        Looked good, turned out to be mediocre. Quite the pattern they have going.

Comment

Working...
        X