Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Povetkin: Hryunov Wins, $23 Million Mega Bid!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait... so is Wlad still fighting that one guy?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Wait... so is Wlad still fighting that one guy?
      Pianeta? Yes, it's understandable that you wouldn't know though because it's a fight with little interest.

Comment

Don't know where these Russian investors make their money. I thought the $3 million offer for Martinez-Pirog (not including Pirog's purse) was nuts, especial when Pirog can't draw shit t in his home country.

Comment

Wlad gets paid

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            Don't know where these Russian investors make their money. I thought the $3 million offer for Martinez-Pirog (not including Pirog's purse) was nuts, especial when Pirog can't draw shit t in his home country.
            Yeah, I wonder that myself. They're throwing around a lot of money for some of these fights and you know they can't be making much profit with those expenditures.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Yeah, I wonder that myself. They're throwing around a lot of money for some of these fights and you know they can't be making much profit with those expenditures.
              Some people have so much money they don't care if they don't make a profit. There's plenty examples of this in the sports world, the owner of the Russian club Anzi spending millions on players for a club that has next to zero fans and has a toilet as a stadium.

Comment

If i was Wlad i'd be thinking that something isn't right, why would someone that is close to Povetkin be willing to lose money to take control of the fight.

Comment

After the previous delays/cancellations involving this match-up, I feel a bit skeptical when it comes to this news. While K2 aren't perfect, if they had won the bid they would've staged the fight in a professional manner. Povetkin's side on the other hand seem less reliable and this situation reminds me of when Don King bid an OTT amount for Arreola-Stivern and then didn't put the fight together. Hopefully I'm wrong though

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    After the previous delays/cancellations involving this match-up, I feel a bit skeptical when it comes to this news. While K2 aren't perfect, if they had won the bid they would've staged the fight in a professional manner. Povetkin's side on the other hand seem less reliable and this situation reminds me of when Don King bid an OTT amount for Arreola-Stivern and then didn't put the fight together. Hopefully I'm wrong though
                    That was my first thought but the deposit on this fight is so big it be crazy to default.

Comment

Im calling a robbery against wlad now sig it.

Comment

Working...
                      X