No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Cotto's Drive Drops Floyd's Connects

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
    Sorry, I can't believe that a guy with a perfect record who undeniably wants to keep it would willingly fight the other guy's fight.
    I guess you missed the entire pre-fight build up where Floyd stated over and over how he would give the fans what they wanted and fight toe to toe to make it exciting.

If you you missed the actual fight too, that is exactly what he did. Only in the later rounds is when he stopped fighting Cotto's fight which led to Floyd taking complete control and ultimately rocked Cotto to win a 12 round UD. I had it 117-111. Cotto won rounds 2, 6, and 8.

You should really watch the fight when you get a chance... it was good and even better live.

Comment

The tougher your competition the less impressive your +/- will be. Retiring with no losses is more a sign of careful matchmaking than anything else. No one is unbeatable, because as everyone should know by now, styles make fights. People like to repeat that all day but it's staggering how few people actually understand the concept.

Wess: Floyd knows he can't be as mobile as he used to be. He's said his whole career that he wants to give the fans what they want to see, but he maybe can't be as mobile for 12 rounds these days. No problem, he still put on a solid performance. But no, don't buy into his bull**** and think he's invincible and can literally do whatever the **** he wants to in the ring. Sorry, as Cotto's trainer said, invincible men only exist in the movies. Mayweather looked human but talented, which is exactly what he is.
      Last edited by samouraļ; 05-06-2012, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Thank you. Floyd missed a lot & Cotto wasn't given just due on some of his body work. The fight was competitive but Floyd pulled away after i had Cotto ahead by 1 point going into round 8. Floyd still owns the championship rounds like a champion should. Good for him. Cotto made it tough but Floyd endured.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
          I guess you missed the entire pre-fight build up where Floyd stated over and over how he would give the fans what they wanted and fight toe to toe to make it exciting.

If you you missed the actual fight too, that is exactly what he did. Only in the later rounds is when he stopped fighting Cotto's fight which led to Floyd taking complete control and ultimately rocked Cotto to win a 12 round UD. I had it 117-111. Cotto won rounds 2, 6, and 8.

You should really watch the fight when you get a chance... it was good and even better live.

Floyd a compulsive liar.

His game plan main goal is for him to win, not to entertain the crowd.

When Floyd doesn't fight bloated super-feathers, ring rusty past it 38 year olds and mentally fragile hype jobs his accuracy drops.

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
            cotto's improved defense and a good gameplan by his trainer diaz was the reason floyd only connected on 26%
            That and Floyd didn't box and move. He wanted to give the fans what they wanted which was excitement and an actual fight.

Only in the later rounds did Floyd divert back to the boxing and moving which is ultimately why he had complete control over Cotto and eventually rocked him. He was boxing not standing in front of him trading and or laying on the ropes.

Floyd did what he said he would do but eventually had to divert back to his style of fighting because Cotto was at times getting the best of him when trading and going toe to toe. I'm sure Diaz had a lot to do with that.

btw, Diaz is a good dude. Met him at the weigh in. Richardson is a cool dude too. Rodger looked drunk as a monk.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong423 View Post
              Floyd won and cotto lost. ok thats outta the way.

Compubox is a joke, dont trust it in any fight. Never have and never will. I for one am glad i got to see that fight last night, it was one to remember. cotto was bringing it and floyd was adjusting. Great boxing match.
              agree i dont believe in that compubox either,whos to say they dont give a few more punches landed to the favoriteone or how does that even work whos in charge of that? especially in that third jmm/pac ignt that was a joke

Comment

Got to give props to both, they both fought with heart.
                Mayweather didn't adjust like we're normally seeing, cotto applied some smart pressure by in the end was not good enough to beat Mayweather. Cotto should have kept going to that body. Mayweather did miss more than we're use too, never seen him miss like he did last night. Even though Mayweather had a lower connect % his offensive skills are just a thing of beauty.

Comment

All of you morons claiming Floyd did what he wanted and out landed Cotto with ease....you do know that compubox is not some magic device that records every time a punch is landed, its a person who decides what hits and doesnt. Floyd had problems like i said he would due to Cottos style, and his relentless body swarm. Top that with the fact that Cotto had great timing, and was able to at times, feint Floyd, wait for him to roll out, then hit him coming up. So many of you d riders, dont give no credit to Cotto. All this nonsense that Floyd did this type of fight for "us"....yall are truly stupid, and get your mans dingus out your mouth.

Its amazing that the same morons who use compubox to prove Floyds dominance...then say that compubox dont tell the whole story in the Pac-JMM bouts.....go figure
                  Last edited by S IP U IR S xII; 05-06-2012, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I'm skeptical Floyd even threw that many punches.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                      That and Floyd didn't box and move. He wanted to give the fans what they wanted which was excitement and an actual fight.

Only in the later rounds did Floyd divert back to the boxing and moving which is ultimately why he had complete control over Cotto and eventually rocked him. He was boxing not standing in front of him trading and or laying on the ropes.

Floyd did what he said he would do but eventually had to divert back to his style of fighting because Cotto was at times getting the best of him when trading and going toe to toe. I'm sure Diaz had a lot to do with that.

btw, Diaz is a good dude. Met him at the weigh in. Richardson is a cool dude too. Rodger looked drunk as a monk.
                      floyd did box and move more than just the later rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X