Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you really need to embarrass this woman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you really need to embarrass this woman?

Woman who drove car on pavement punished with 'idiot' sign

An American woman who drove her car on a pavement in an attempt to pass a stationary school bus has been forced to stand in public holding a sign describing her as an "idiot."

The unusual sentence was imposed by a judge in Cleveland, Ohio on Shena Hardin, 32, after she was caught on camera trying to circumvent the bus as it unloaded children.

The sign she was made to hold read: "Only an idiot would drive on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus."

Hardin stood for an hour in freezing temperatures at a busy road junction, ignoring passers-by and drivers honking their horns.

Lisa Kelley, whose nine-year-old daughter uses the bus, said: "She's an idiot, just like her sign says. She did this almost every day last year.

"She won't stop laughing. She's not remorseful, she laughed at every court appearance. She's still laughing, so she needs to be humiliated like this."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...diot-sign.html

I like it, but its too lenient. There has to be some better way to humiliate her. She'll forget about this.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I like it, but its too lenient. There has to be some better way to humiliate her. She'll forget about this.
      i agree. that last quote should be enough to convince anyone that this isn't punishment enough. take her license away and slap her with a big fine, let's see if she is still laughing then.

"She won't stop laughing. She's not remorseful, she laughed at every court appearance. She's still laughing, so she needs to be humiliated like this."

Comment

she shouldn't be allow to wear her sunglasses, hat or weave.
        Last edited by -jose-; 11-15-2012, 08:35 PM.

Comment

She actually looks like someone who's having a good time.

Comment

She should be forced to wear a barrel while doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
              she shouldn't be allow to wear her sunglasses, hat or weave.
              cruel and unusual punishment!

Comment

i have seen the same thing with convicted thieves at wal-mart. sounds like a pretty easy punishment.

Comment

Better idea is to tattoo it on her forehead

Comment

Well, she should probably get the chair for her crime. The sign is going too far, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X