No announcement yet.

UFC eyes Cowboys Stadium for Silva-St. Pierre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] UFC eyes Cowboys Stadium for Silva-St. Pierre

A victory by UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre on Nov. 17 over interim titleholder Carlos Condit could set up a superfight with middleweight champion Anderson Silva at Cowboys Stadium, promotion president Dana White said Wednesday.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/86...erre-megafight

I think that would be a mistake to stage it there, having a Brazilian and a Canadian fight a superfight in Texas no matter what their following is would not maximize the event. But having it in Canada or Brazil would be absolutely CRAZY and would be an event for the ages, much more excitement.

Comment

i dont think its the best venue for this fight

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
        I think that would be a mistake to stage it there, having a Brazilian and a Canadian fight a superfight in Texas no matter what their following is would not maximize the event. But having it in Canada or Brazil would be absolutely CRAZY and would be an event for the ages, much more excitement.
        I don't think that matters. Ali vs Frazier was in Philipines and it was huge.

Silva and St-Pierre are transcendant. I think they can fill a stadium anywhere no problem.

Do you really think Jon Jones vs Dan Henderson would be a bigger fight in that stadium. Thats the only conseivable American vs American fight I can think of. I doubt it would do it.

If Silva vs St-Pierre can't do it then there is no other matchup out there that can right now.

Comment

Why not hold both fights on the same card there? Henderson vs. Jones and then Silva vs. GSP to close out the show. It could be a pretty good co-main event.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post

Silva and St-Pierre are transcendant. I think they can fill a stadium anywhere no problem.

Do you really think Jon Jones vs Dan Henderson would be a bigger fight in that stadium. Thats the only conseivable American vs American fight I can think of. I doubt it would do it.

If Silva vs St-Pierre can't do it then there is no other matchup out there that can right now.
            No, but understand what i am saying, Bones and Hendo dont have the fan base of the two biggest names in MMA thats for sure but i was saying it would be better if it was in one of their respective country's for the hype and excitement factor, because you must admit adding the nationalistic pride twist makes all sporting events much more dramatic

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
              No, but understand what i am saying, Bones and Hendo dont have the fan base of the two biggest names in MMA thats for sure but i was saying it would be better if it was in one of their respective country's for the hype and excitement factor, because you must admit adding the nationalistic pride twist makes all sporting events much more dramatic
              thats true it would, but I would rather see this fight in Cowboys stadium. It would look sick as hell with the size of that stadium and the enormous screens.

and this is coming from a Canadian.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post

please do not compare fights in drawing power. Boxing in the 70's possibly the most popular sport in the world and Muhammad Ali the most popular sportsmen in the world without question.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
                  please do not compare fights in drawing power. Boxing in the 70's possibly the most popular sport in the world and Muhammad Ali the most popular sportsmen in the world without question.
                  I wasn't comparing it at that level. I was saying that fighters at the top of their sport are always transcendant and usually ppl want to see the best of the best of any sport no matter what country they're from.

I used that as comparison cuz I think the dynamic is similar. Not saying that it would be at the same magnitude.

so chill out boxing purest.

Comment

So what kind of catchweight do you think this fight would happen at? Maybe 170?

Comment

Working...
                    X