No announcement yet.

NSB P4P Update!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    Just based on how the ranking works, it is pretty hard to deny him at least #3. However, is the fighter we saw last night currently one of the three best boxers on the planet? I don't really feel like he is.
    No, but people shouldn't keep Ward up there anymore. He has fought Chad Dawson and Edwin Rodriguez in the last 3 years. That's not enough to stay above Pacquiao beating Bradley twice and Rios in that same time frame, or Rigondeaux beating Donaire, or Bradley beating Marquez and Provodnikov, or Marquez knocking Pacquiao out.

Ward may be one of the three best fighters in the world along with Mayweather and Rigondeaux, but if he's not in the ring proving it then he shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore. Drop him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Shambrolic View Post
      Also he shouldn't even be at #3 come on man.. This **** is getting annoying I know most of you was streaming that **** on blurry online mirrors. I know this was going to happen.
      We have to go by the level of opposition & wins with ranking though. Ward's last 2 fights were against Rodriguez & a weight drained Dawson. Pacquiao just beat the #3 P4P fighter. Besides Froch when has Ward beat a top 10 P4P fighter? He's also barely even fighting anymore.

And Rigondeaux while possibly the most overall talented fighter in boxing, what hurts him is his resume. The only top name on his resume is Donaire. Agbeko already lost to Mares twice in a row before fighting Rigo.

Comment

I am stunned.. People really doing this right now. Bradley is a dickhead...
        Who else is there other than unproven guys where we would just be assessing based on talent rather than quality wins?

Unquestionably higher: Mayweather

Strong case for higher than Pac: Ward, Rigondeaux, Wlad

Arguably right around where pac is: Sergio, JMM

Fringe guy like BHop and Froch.

Where else are you gonna rank him after he just beat the #3 guy regardless of if they both looked absolutely terrible in the process?

Comment

Last time I made my p4p list before this fight, and had Pac second, people laughed at me. =(

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            Just based on how the ranking works, it is pretty hard to deny him at least #3. However, is the fighter we saw last night currently one of the three best boxers on the planet? I don't really feel like he is.
            Man it's like Bradley had the perfect gameplan then went ******ed when it was clear momentum and the fight was his.. He just went full ******. Now PAC have an excuse to be in the top 3 despite his skill level not being the representation of the position. I wish people actually stop the brown nosing..

Comment

Ok since Pacquiao at #2 or #3 where everybody ranking Marquez?

Comment

Yet no one puts Hopkins on their list talking about resumes. Smh ok..

Comment

Ward has basically retired, he doesn't fight near enough. He shouldn't be higher than 3.

Comment

Hopkins is almost 50 years old & still easily beating fighters who are 20 years younger than him. And will likely fight Stevenson later this year now.

Comment

Hopkins has beaten Tavoris Cloud and Karo Murat in recent memory. He lost to Chad Dawson before that. Not exactly p4p material.

Comment

Working...
                      X