Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shud have been allowed to carry on

he was regaining his senses

Comment

Khan was losing his mental faculties man, When Bayless asked him "are you ok"? He looked out of it, not like when most fighters get knocked down and enthusiastly say "Im fine with their arms stretched out to the ref. Btw it's ironic that I was just watching this fight this morning. I agree he probably should've been allowed to fight, but he could've easily ended up like Magomed the way Garcia was starting to get to him.

Comment

you dont really know what your talking about.
        there is a reason this ko is not disputed

Comment

it was a good stoppage, not even debatable as far as im concerned. if anything it should have been stopped earlier.

people who dont know boxing always think its strictly about how hurt a fighter is that decides if and when a fight gets stopped but thats not the case. a fight is stopped when a fighter cant intelligently defend himself.

bayless gave khan a chance many refs wouldnt have after the first knock down. he gave him a second chance to recover between rounds when he was knocked silly at the end of the round. he gave him a third chance when he was dropped a second time. by the fourth time he had seen all he needed to. khan didnt know what to do or how to behave in order to get himself out of trouble, at that point its the referees job to do it for him and call of the fight.

you have to show the ref you can intelligently defend yourself when you are hurt, pointing to your chin while getting repeatedly rocked by nearly every punch thrown your way isnt doing that as far as im concerned.

Comment

hope these 2 have a rematch one day

fight was action packed even though it wasnt long

Comment

I agree that it was stopped too early, but I also think it was stopped too late.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
                when should have it been right to stop it? when khan started seeing the gates of jannah opening, calling for him?
                Isn't it funny how people are openly allowed to be racist towards people following the Islamic religion but not people whom are black... Hmmmm.

I'm not the biggest fan of Khan but that kind of **** pisses me off, its complete double standards how would people like it If I said Mayweather is just a fried chicken munching ****?
                I'd be perceived as racist surely but because Khan is a Muslim you know what okay just say what you want nobody care.... typical.

Comment

In fairness, he was lucky that the ref let him continue after the first knockdown.

However, having let it go on, the timing of the stoppage was poor. Khan clearly nodded and said he was ok after that last knockdown. The close-up camera angle showed it.

Comment

Good stoppage. It was only a matter of time before Khan got seriously hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Hustler *LS View Post
                      I agree that it was stopped too early, but I also think it was stopped too late.
                      same here. Bayless let him go on longer than I thought, so after a while I got wrapped up in seeing if he would recover...it was a crazy fight because that was te first time they used that ref head camera. Khan looked bad but he was answering. no arguments tho, I do have some trust in the officials.

Comment

Working...
                      X