No announcement yet.

I can't stand those older boxing fans who stopped watching boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBear View Post
    Some of those ""fans" were never fans to start with.

I remember my brother watched Toney-Tiberi a long time ago and told me after the fight that it is why he doesn't watch boxing anymore. I laughed and said "you never watched it anyways, now you just have an excuse"
    Now this one drives me nuts lol.... good line though, I'm gonna have to borrow that next time I hear it

Comment

The people you guys are talking are casual fans that when boxing is making big fights like hagler-hearns,ali-frasier etc would watch and become more regular fans but today there are not as manny big mainstream fights so manny of them probably converted to nfl,mlb,ufc etc.And not only the fans but the fighters too.Boxing has no structure no more and I watch because I love fights but it's very hard for a casual to follow the sport and know who's the champion,who's the nr 1 contender etc.What i'm getting at you can't blame them for stoping to watch the sport because fights like manny pacquiao vs floyd mayweather didn't happened and that's only in our generation

Comment

[QUOTE=hectari;13335854]Seriously I've been watching boxing for years

Do us all a favor and stop watching too. It hurts to read youre stupidity on a daily basis

Comment

The "man boxing ain't been boxing since Tyson was out now that was real boxing there little fellar " are the absolute ****in worse ever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
            Or the ones that try to jump in a boxing conversation and say something about Mike Tyson
            Mike Tyson oooo Mike Tyson what a wonderful amazing champion he was...
            :wank:

Comment

They were always "HUGE BOXING FANS" when Tyson was around or Hagler. Those are the names they will usually throw out but when you really ask them questions they don't know jack shit about Boxing and weren't really fans to begin with.

Like people have pointed out they were fans of a certain fighter or watched a couple fight and all of a sudden they were experts. I've had friends who go to fights with me get into boxing then if I'm not reminding them about fights coming up life happens and they tune out.

Boxing needs to really grab hold of you to put up with a lot of the bs, some fans tune out after a robbery or anything and just say "that's why boxing sucks" or "that's why I don't watch boxing" it's actually really hard to keep up with this sport so it's a lot easier to justify your ignorance to the sport by shifting blame.

Comment

They don't even have Amatuer fights on American Network TV anymore.

Comment

*butts into conversation* man what about Mike tyson? ... he was unbeatable that night he fought Mohammed Frazier ... he'd whoop your Drago brothers.

Comment

like the morons who dont appreciate boxing skills or technical fights its their loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                      it's so simple what eventually ruined boxing, like a last twist of the knife in their own foot..........the pay per view.

no longer can the casual fan enjoy a night of top notch boxing without shelling out $50 - $60. no longer do they talk on lunch breaks or around the water cooler about our sport. Why?..... because the vast majority never even see it. So they say: Ah, who cares, the ****s all rigged anyway. That's our new mileniums casual fan.

Television killed the club shows
                      and pay per view killed the casual fan

.......... Rockin'
                      Couldn't agree more.

As Ross Greenburg himself said:

"I can't tell you that pay-per-view helps the sport because it doesn't. It hurts the sport because it narrows our audience, but it's a fact of life. Every time we try to make an HBO World Championship Boxing fight, we're up against mythical pay-per-view numbers. HBO doesn't make a lot of money from pay-per-view. There's usually a cap on what we can make. But the promoters and fighters insist on pay-per-view because that's where their greatest profits lie."

"It's a big problem," Greenburg continues. "It's getting harder and harder to put fighters like Manny Pacquiao on HBO World Championship Boxing. If Floyd Mayweather beats Oscar, he might never fight on HBO World Championship Boxing again. But if HBO stopped doing pay-per-view, the promoters would simply do it on their own [like Bob Arum did with Cotto-Malignaggi in June 2006] or find someone else who will do it for them."

Comment

Working...
                      X