Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

According to Shane Langford Irish Prospect Dean Byrne wobbled Amir Khan in sparring..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
    you shouldn't be getting wobbled with headgear on
    To a man, most fighters will tell you they get wobbled more in sparring than they do real fights.

Comment

Not so much, but it still hurts and your head still moves.

The other thing is, in sparring you will get hit.

Comment

And you only go 70-80% in my sparring dont know how the big boys do it at Wild Card but we were always told to go 80% max.

Sure weve had broken noses and cuts but never has anyone been knocked down with head gear. If someone did get knocked down with headgear in sparring the trainer would take him out and match him with a lighter weight or tell the dude he aint ready to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          To a man, most fighters will tell you they get wobbled more in sparring than they do real fights.
          Indeed. In sparring you fight people you don't know and sometimes they take it more serious. You don't know what shots they have and they will hit you until you read them.

Also often you stand toe to toe

Comment

Originally posted by PainKiller View Post
            Indeed. In sparring you fight people you don't know and sometimes they take it more serious. You don't know what shots they have and they will hit you until you read them.

Also often you stand toe to toe
            Yup. Plus, you prepping to get hit in the actual fights. Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
              Does he get 72 Hairy Virgins? (BARFFFFF at imagining those nasty sweaty girls under all those headgears and burqas all hairy and sweaty never shaving and never washing, how the hell do muslims have so many kids?)

Get a life mate

Comment

Yup. Plus, you prepping to get hit in the actual fights. Agreed.
                Yeah I mean you whack your body with sticks and you should condition to get hit and try to roll with the shots.

What I will say, as a big Khan fan, if Roach offered 1k to anyone dropping my boy, he will get dropped and Freddie will lose a few K LOL

Comment

Originally posted by PainKiller View Post
                  Yeah I mean you whack your body with sticks and you should condition to get hit and try to roll with the shots.

What I will say, as a big Khan fan, if Roach offered 1k to anyone dropping my boy, he will get dropped and Freddie will lose a few K LOL
                  LOL. Reminds me of the Margarito story he told back when he was Oscar's sparring partner. They used to always tell him to take it easy on Oscar so the last day of sparring he says he beat the **** out of him

Comment

You obviously never boxed before.

Comment

LOL. Reminds me of the Margarito story he told back when he was Oscar's sparring partner. They used to always tell him to take it easy on Oscar so the last day of sparring he says he beat the **** out of him
                      Lol marg was a bad ass then. Maybe that is wyy oscar ducked him but was willing to fight cotto. I enjoy sparring matches quite a lot, and often wish i was near a gym tyat had real pro's to see then in action up close. I just love seeing them train and jump rope and their speed. Is the wildcard the best gym in the us atm then? Heard in philly they got mad sparring still

Comment

Working...
                      X