Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Virgil Hunter Blasts Freddie Roach Over His "Haterism"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best coach ever is Uli Wegner. He made Sven Ottke and Arthur Abraham.

Comment

It's not Freddie's style to talk ****. Yes he speaks his opinion when asked but not once have I ever heard him utter a bad word about anyone. Even after Ariza kicked him square in the chest he kept his cool and was calm and collected in interviews after that unfortunate incident. As for Kahn, he's a great boxer but he's his own worst enemy.....he does not listen to his corner. He loves going toe to toe when he should keep cool and box. In conclusion I believe that Freddie likes and has respect for Hunter and vice versa.....boxing is a very passionate sport and more often than not trainers emotions run high and things are said in hindsight.

Comment

well...

Look, right place right time period. Every fighter and every trainer are different and if they click they do and if they don't...you wont see them. A tough win is because of the fighter, a loss is often blamed on the trainer right? A boxer knows how good this trainer is, he learns and progresses through out his career as does his coach. If that boxer wants to look for excuses for that loss, he might look inside or look across the ring. But the trend is to look at your trainer as does the press when their copy machine (the boxer) shows weakness. "oh, man, you lost...need a new trainer dude"
        Both trainers are great...for the right boxer that is. Freddy used to be a humble person. Virgil seems like he was once also. They have their own styles. You people don't realize that once you get in that spotlight of the press, everything..everything you say is scrutinized fully. We all say things out of turn and off color. (almost everyday in my case) If a tree has sweet apples on it, people will pick off that tree if they can. Fighters always flock to trainers who have success on TV and always will. Unfortunately the grass is not always greener... in fact hardly ever.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
          One thing i noticed about Freddie the Joke coach is that his fighters tend to win against basic come forward fighters,but when his fighters fight good technicians who isn't weight drained,his fighters tend to lose or get gift decisions.For Example,Khan when he fought Peterson and Danny Garcia,Pac-juicer when he fought Marquez, Bradley and the version of Morales wasn't weight drained which was only in the first fight,Provodnikov when he fought Bradley,Julio Cesar Chavez junior when he fought Sergio Martinez.

The reason Virgil Hunter haven't been doing well with fighters outside of Ward,is because those fighters outside of Ward lack any real intelligence.A trainer can give you ideas,but when you in that ring its the fighters job to execute it, and its the fighters job to be smart enough to make the adjustments in the ring.Ward has that natural intelligence so Virgil hunter is able to give him great ideas,and Ward executes them well,and Ward has the natural ring intelligence to make the proper adjustments when he`s in the ring.
          Just shut up hunter sucks plain n simple did you not here his advice in the last fight he gave. By far the worst advice I heard in a long time. Hunter is good for amature boxing but not for the pro game

Comment

I'm with ROACH,KHAN was a better boxer when he fought with FREDDY. He was beating GARCIA before get caught and also the great EMMANUEL SYEWARD said KHAN did nothing wrong when he got caught....HE DID NOTHING WRONG,THAT IS BOXING HE SAID!!!
            We saw immediately the new COTTO vs RODRIGUEZ so why we didn't see a new KHAN vs DIAZ!!!????

Comment

Originally posted by lutenco View Post
              I'm with ROACH,KHAN was a better boxer when he fought with FREDDY. He was beating GARCIA before get caught and also the great EMMANUEL SYEWARD said KHAN did nothing wrong when he got caught....HE DID NOTHING WRONG,THAT IS BOXING HE SAID!!!
              We saw immediately the new COTTO vs RODRIGUEZ so why we didn't see a new KHAN vs DIAZ!!!????
              ---------
              You saw a new Cotto? Could it be maybe the inferior competition had something to do with it as well, we'll see how good Cotto looks come June
              ......and speaking of Khan, well maybe he is just not that good

Comment

@ "haterism"
                Roach always talks smack because Pac can't/won't do it himself
                it's always Roach who runs down whoever the other guy is
                he makes himself look bitter doing it though
                Pac's team as a whole would be better off just shutting up

Comment

Comment

Anybody notice that every since Roach has gone on that losing streak a few years back that he has attacked everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by mneronava2k View Post
                      When it comes to manny fans--all roads lead back to heartache of watching manny getting ktfo. And, I'm a manny fan! These people are nuts. The whole "but he was winning" and "lucky punch" thing is the most insane thing I've ever heard coming from a sportsfan. It's insane
                      So Juan was winning??? Lol stop posting mate and do us all a favour.

Comment

Working...
                      X