Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: After Lee Fight, Chavez Jr. Likely Headed to 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: After Lee Fight, Chavez Jr. Likely Headed to 168

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. will likely move up to the super middleweight division after this weekend’s middleweight title defense against Andy Lee, according to Chavez’s trainer, Freddie Roach, speaking Friday in an ESPN.com chat.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by dan_cov
    Anything to avoid Sergio, so much for him and his dads worthless promises etc

Oh well enjoy your campaign at 168 providing you get passed Lee because you will be brutally exposed there
    Wouldn't people like Carl Froch beat the living **** out of him at 168? It appears he has nowhere to run

Comment

What a surprise. Just as the WBC are running out of excuses for him not to fight Martinez.

Comment

I knew it! Looks like he Arum will try to put him in with Pavlik, because he doesn't have the skills to hang with Ward, Froch or any other top tier in the weight class.

Comment

so are they gonna ask Martinez to move up to make the fight now?

Comment

Did anybody actually believe that he would fight Maravilla?? Dude is a cream puff.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              Wouldn't people like Carl Froch beat the living **** out of him at 168? It appears he has nowhere to run

I think pretty much the whole top 10 at 168 beats the living **** out of him tbh
              I suppose he would rather that though as the money will be better & he can always say it wasn't his proper weight class and go back down to 160 for Sergio who'll probably be 40 at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
                I knew it! Looks like he Arum will try to put him in with Pavlik, because he doesn't have the skills to hang with Ward, Froch or any other top tier in the weight class.

I'd pick Pavlik to stop Chavez Jr, I'm not entirely sure Arum would risk putting him in with Kelly tbh

Comment

What a coward! Ducks any competition from 147-160lbs... Where's he gonna run to @ 168lbs? I'm actually not mad he's moving up to 168lbs since the only way he has a shot at a title is through Froch or Ward. Froch annihilates him easily and Ward puts on a clinic. Martinez should be laughing his ass off!

Comment

Sergio should've known the fight wasn't gonna happen......

Comment

Working...
                    X