Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Algieri could survive 12 rounds, then what makes anyone think Floyd would have trouble surviving 12 rounds... c'mon people.... There's only ONE thing that will matter... Whether or not Manny tries to really go after and finish Floyd like the beast he used to be... Floyd will be Floyd, nothing is going to change on HIS end... It's all about what type of Pacman shows up... Will it be the type that swarms his opponent like a demon out of hell, eats some punches but lands twice or triple more... OR will it be the Manny we saw vs Algieri who was content to back off the pedal and never go for the finish?

If Manny hurts Floyds will he go for the finish or will be use the excuse that he was "playing it safe" so we get some split decision and everyone demands a rematch( a very likely scenario unfortunately)

There's too much money to be made with a rematch for them(manny and floyd) not to put on some BS show for us.... It will end up being the ultimate slap in the face to fans... I pray this doesn't happen.

Comment

• If HBO and Showtime somehow agreed to terms, who would be the ring announcer? Buffer or Lennon?

Comment

• Originally posted by ladiesman217 View Post
        If HBO and Showtime somehow agreed to terms, who would be the ring announcer? Buffer or Lennon?
        Let buffer say his phrase. Let Lennon introduce them

Comment

• that was a sloppy showing from pac sat night. I saw alot of wildness when pac was on the attack and he will be countered all night by floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by heavyhands702 View Post
            that was a sloppy showing from pac sat night. I saw alot of wildness when pac was on the attack and he will be countered all night by floyd.
            He didn't have any respect for algieri's power whatsoever. Floyd's right hand is going to score on pac a lot but will floyd be able to get away from that left straight because pacuiao will land his as well. I think pacquiao can beat floyd, pac has just as much experience in big fights. There will be a lot more pressure on Floyd to win, he's the one with the undefeated record and has more to lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebowtod View Post
              i voted not sure because i want to respect both fighters for their skills, but my true gut is telling me that manny is too much for floyd. Its not like we will ever figure out though
              Pac would have been too much for Floyd four years ago at 140. MAYBE. Before he was a congressman, and before he either stopped juicing or somehow lost some of his sizzle at the slightly higher weights.

He's not going to land on Floyd enough to win, and he doesn't have enough power to hurt him decisively. We're not seeing GGG level power out of Pacman, where he's leaving people wobbly and disarmed.

Mayweather all day long, although I wish Pac were still devoted to boxing and still and that extra gear that totally fried opponents. He doesn't have that anymore, though he's still the second best guy in the early to mid 140s.

Comment

• Just a few teaser's

Comment

• Astounded that Pac beating a nobody in Algeri has got people pushing for this

Comment

• Originally posted by Hagler***9733; View Post
                    Astounded that Pac beating a nobody in Algeri has got people pushing for this
                    You're so right, I've never heard of this pacquiao guy right before this fight. If he wants the Floyd fight, he has to earn it just like guerrero and ortiz. Who does he think he is?

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                      I actually think this fight is gonna happen

Showtime probably lost money again and will pressure mayweather into fighting pacquaio

Also, arum said hbo and Showtime have agreed to a deal regarding the fight which is huge....
                      Could be true

If it does happen, Bradley and algeiri are better preparation for mayweather than maidana and Canelo are for pacquaio, given styles of the fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X