Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If old Vitali beat Haye in 2013 would the Klitschko haters give him credit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would, but depends how much credit you're talking about. Will I have him as the greatest heavyweight of all time like you klitards do? No, definitely not. Will I have him as one of the beat heavyweights of the past decade? Yes, most definitely. In fact I already have him there on my list, the Haye win would only push his rankings up and solidify his status as the best heavyweight over the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      So you have him at #4?
      I honestly don't know. It's not really as simple as you believe.

I'd need to see Vitali in with a decent heavyweight (Pulev, Price, Fury, Glazkov, Banks, Povetkin, etc) before deciding.

It's like Deontay Wilder, it's difficult to evaluate him correctly because he's fighting soft opposition.

Vitali has fought decent heavyweights in the past, but let's be honest here, his two opponents in 2012 were both bums. So it's not easy to decide where to rank the CURRENT version of Vitali.

That being said, up until this year he was clearly #2.

But I don't think he is now, at least not H2H.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        I honestly don't know. It's not really as simple as you believe.

I'd need to see Vitali in with a decent heavyweight (Pulev, Price, Fury, Glazkov, Banks, Povetkin, etc) before deciding.

It's like Deontay Wilder, it's difficult to evaluate him correctly because he's fighting soft opposition.

Vitali has fought decent heavyweights in the past, but let's be honest here, his two opponents in 2012 were both bums. So it's not easy to decide where to rank the CURRENT version of Vitali.

That being said, up until this year he was clearly #2.

But I don't think he is now, at least not H2H.
        Well, since he is no longer #2 in your eyes, he would get the credit one contender deserves for beating another contender. Decent win, nothing more. Just like the rest of his top wins.

Comment

Well, since he is no longer #2 in your eyes, he would get the credit one contender deserves for beating another contender. Decent win, nothing more. Just like the rest of his top wins.
          Exactly.

I would consider it a somewhat meaningful win, because Vitali is faded (if he had beaten Haye in 2009, it would be meaningless).

For me, it would be a decent win, nothing more.

But don't you think those people who believe Haye is an elite fighter should give Vitali more credit if he beats Haye?

Do you understand what I'm saying?

I don't consider Haye to be a top win on Wlad's resume. But some people say Haye is his best win. Check my old posts, I've never given my favorite fighter much credit for beating the overrated Haye. I consider 2000 Byrd to be Wlad's best win.

But the Klitschko haters who were predicting a Haye KO win should give Wlad credit for beating him.

Savvy?

Comment

Exactly.

I would consider it a somewhat meaningful win, because Vitali is faded (if he had beaten Haye in 2009, it would be meaningless).

For me, it would be a decent win, nothing more.

But don't you think those people who believe Haye is an elite fighter should give Vitali more credit if he beats Haye?

Do you understand what I'm saying?

I don't consider Haye to be a top win on Wlad's resume. But some people say Haye is his best win. Check my old posts, I've never given my favorite fighter much credit for beating the overrated Haye. I consider 2000 Byrd to be Wlad's best win.

But the Klitschko haters who were predicting a Haye KO win should give Wlad credit for beating him.

Savvy?
            Somewhat meaningful? Yeah, a somewhat decent win, right?

Comment

Somewhat meaningful? Yeah, a somewhat decent win, right?
              That's what it would be for me, only because Vitali is old and faded. In 2009 it would be meaningless.

But what about those who think Haye is an elite heavyweight? Wouldn't an old man who beats him deserve their respect?

Where do YOU place Haye in the HW rankings? He's not in my top 5.

Comment

Yes. Haye would be the best fighter he fought since his comeback. If he gets ko he will get much respect.

Comment

That's what it would be for me, only because Vitali is old and faded. In 2009 it would be meaningless.

But what about those who think Haye is an elite heavyweight? Wouldn't an old man who beats him deserve their respect?

Where do YOU place Haye in the HW rankings? He's not in my top 5.
                  Top 10. Sucks for Vitali that he never beat anyone meaningful. But, like I said, just one less paper champ to think about when he retires.

Comment

Vitali better not risk it .. or people is gonna forever say the
                    THREE times he stepped up, he lost. Because he will lose. It's over for Vitali. He's old, he's slow, and he only look passable against Charr because Charr is
                    C- Level. C+ Level Chisora took him the full 12 and he look noticably tired.

The Haye that fought Chisora will tko Vitali. People forget Haye have NO respect for Vitali's power. None... He saw how the prime version couldn't even put Fat slow Lennox down to his grave and he knows Vitali does not have that 1 punch power. You can't defeat someone like Haye by 'accumulation' it don't work like that. He's too slick and too sharp for any 'accumulated' punishment to build up. You need one punch KO power to put the fear of God into David..

Haye tko9 Vitali... Vitali retires (Possibly come back 4 years later, depending on how his money holds up in the corruption that is Ukrainian Politics, maybe could be a name on Joshua resume?)

Comment

Top 10. Sucks for Vitali that he never beat anyone meaningful. But, like I said, just one less paper champ to think about when he retires.
                      Maybe if he had started boxing sooner, or if he hadn't quit against Byrd, or if he hadn't had those kickboxing injuries...

But like I said before, Haye and his fangirls saying Vitali fought "nobodies" is like a kid with a "D" average calling a kid with a "C" average a dummy, or a man who is 60 pounds overweight calling a man who is 30 pounds overweight a "fatty".

If they believe Haye to be an elite fighter, then they should give the old man credit if he wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X