No announcement yet.

(video)71-year-old gunman shot two robbers in Florida

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
    wasnt there a case a while back where a robber sued the homeowner because he hurt himself on broken glass in their house? something like that.
    Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    Yep. It's amazing. I don't doubt some robbers, burglars, cause their own accidents so they can later sue for damages incurred while committing their crimes. Damn shame.
    God forgive me but if someone breaks in my home he's coming out in a body bag...
    (no i'm not trying to be a tough guy)

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
      I find it hard to believe that a shot to the hip with a .45 wouldn't knock someone down...
      trust me. no bs.

he didn't even tell us he was shot til like a couple minutes later. we were chasing the guys for a few blocks before we turned around to take him to the hospital.

they werent even aiming at him, he just walked out at the wrong time. maybe it ricochet off the wall or floor and hit him? less energy.

happened to my lil brother. bullet ricochet and hi him in the foot. his foot got hurt but not as bad as it would have been.

all i know is what the doctor told him. it was a .45 and hit his hip first before it hit his thigh and goodies. i mean he limps now but he ran fine at the time.

Comment

God forgive me but if someone breaks in my home he's coming out in a body bag...
        (no i'm not trying to be a tough guy)
        You have the right to protect yourself and your family in your property.

Some laws, however, have a grey area that favors the criminal in certain cases if the defendant is not properly licensed to carry, or is too aggressive in his own defense causing permanent injury, etc. It gets ludicrous depending on the jurisdiction and the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Yea he hit one in the arm and he other in the ass and hip I think

I just wanted a kill shot
          they were running. hard to hit a moving target.

wish the old man had a shotgun that would have done the trick. lol

Comment

Carrying a concealed shotgun around town.

Oh, this. It's just a pool cue.

LOL.

Comment

"hey old man is that a shotgun in your pocket or just happy to see me..." Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                Carrying a concealed shotgun around town.

Oh, this. It's just a pool cue.

LOL.
                shieeet. i carried a shotgun around for a month because of mak's stupid cousins.

before that i use to just carry a revolver.

his cross eyed cousins shot at me twice in 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                  You have the right to protect yourself and your family in your property.

Some laws, however, have a grey area that favors the criminal in certain cases if the defendant is not properly licensed to carry, or is too aggressive in his own defense causing permanent injury, etc. It gets ludicrous depending on the jurisdiction and the case.
                  I've taken NRA classes on self defense and read up on the laws in NJ and its crazy, even if someone is in your home there has to be proof that your life was in danger for you to pull the trigger...(I pray i'm never in a situation like that) but I guess in the heat of the moment the first thing that runs thru your mind is, me or him and that's easy to answer...

..."causing permanent injury"...like you say could probably get you in more trouble than actually killing the intruder...

Comment

I've taken NRA classes on self defense and read up on the laws in NJ and its crazy, even if someone is in your home there has to be proof that your life was in danger for you to pull the trigger...(I pray i'm never in a situation like that) but I guess in the heat of the moment the first thing that runs thru your mind is, me or him and that's easy to answer...

..."causing permanent injury"...like you say could probably get you in more trouble than actually killing the intruder...
                    you from nj?

what ammo do you load? jhp is banned in nj.

Comment

Right. It's almost catch-22. Hesitating in such a situation can end up costing you. And if the intruder ends up dead, you may have a stronger case especially if you've never known him or met him before it happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X