Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taishon Dong or Zhilei Zhang are they for real?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taishon Dong or Zhilei Zhang are they for real?

Both Chinese amateur stars. Both big heavyweights. Both undefeated.
    Are they for real or some side show like Butterbean?
    Thoughts?

Butter bean was the real deal!

But let the Chinese fight each other, then put forth their best champion!

Comment

I don't think Dong was an amateur star? He's more of a sideshow

Comment

They both seem more novelty circus-ish than like legit prospects to me thus far.

Zhang just got dropped by the 2nd guy he's fought with a winning record. He's 32 & still fighting 4 rounders (1 6rder). I think he's 35, 36 at the youngest before he'd be ready for anything big for real in the HW division so his margin of error is small so hes likely to end up being moved too slow or at some point in the future just get thrown to the wolves & see what happens which could be awful for his career.

Dong seems a lil more promising. He's still in his mid to late 20's & seems to even be fighting the slightly better/more experienced opposition. He's got more time to grow. I think we are almost assured of seeing him fight some 2020 Bryant Jennings or Mike Perez caliber guy on HBO in the future & getting tested on a big stage.

Neither of these guys seem all that skilled doe & some of the training footage I've seen of these guys seems like some first week, first month, first year type **** so I'm sure there trainers are trying hard to alter there styles to a more Americanized, pro friendly style daily & thats a long & seldom greatly successful process. I'll be watching doe, super curious how these guys' careers go.

Comment

Working...
        X