Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you grade the beating Matthysse put on Molina?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not a beating when you yourself get knocked down twice.

Comment

The bombs were landing (and they were bombs!). Molina took them like a champ although the demolition was inevitable. Whenever a man gets beaten like that for so long, it does have consequences. Molina would have been much better off getting quickly KO in the first round. That wouldnt have gotten him many new fans, but it clearly would have been better for his health.

Comment

Lucas looked like he needed to get hit like that to wake his ass up. After he got it going, he beat the **** outta Molina. It was brutal!! Lucas is crazy!! And Molina is tuff as hell.

Comment

It was decent, Lucas looked like he was off a step for the first half. By the second half his defense awareness and footwork was where it needed to be. You can see he learns mid-fight

Comment

I hope Molina doesn't face as heavy a puncher as Lucas again. He's too tough for his own good. Obviously it would be great for him to get a few paydays, but the pummelling he took in that fight is something he shouldn't risk experiencing again. You'll carry a beating like that around with you for the rest of your life.

Comment

Molina started taking a lot of shots by round 5. It was a B grade as far as beatings go. I've seen beatings from round 1 to round 12

Comment

To make things clear, my B-(B minus) is not the same B in the poll that was put up after my post. Obviously, Molina didn't take no Gatti like beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                  It's not a beating when you yourself get knocked down twice.
                  It was a comeback beating.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
                    What grade do you give it?
                    Molina is a rough, tough boxer who can take massive punishment and has massive power. He'll be ok in the future, causing more upset victories against favored up and comers but that beating did take something out of him. You could see it at the end of the fight, he was broken and couldn't believe he got ground down. It won't be a physical thing but it may be mental the next time he drops someone and they come back.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                      Demarco did it in 1 round
                      Demarco also got beaten to bits by Broner..........AT 135, just like Molina got beaten by DeMarco at 135.

Comment

Working...
                      X