The 30 young boxers on the rise in 2014

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 30 young boxers on the rise in 2014

Article:

From Floyd Mayweather to Sergio Martínez, so many of boxing's best fighters are approaching middle-age, but here are the fighters aged 30 or under who could become contenders in 2014....

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/que...n-rise-in-2014

Discuss
    Last edited by PainfromUkraine; 02-06-2014, 11:52 AM.

Tim Bradley?!

He's not young in any sense of the word, fuckin' shocking list.

"peeleft:

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      Tim Bradley?!

He's not young in any sense of the word, fuckin' shocking list.

"peeleft:
      Some names for sure are a bit strange to see there for sure...I mean Chavez Jr ahead of someone like Lomachenko?? But Bradley...he isn't exactly old...sure he aint at the start of his career but he has years ahead of him.

Comment

Post the list, not a link. Stop being lazy

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
          Some names for sure are a bit strange to see there for sure...I mean Chavez Jr ahead of someone like Lomachenko?? But Bradley...he isn't exactly old...sure he aint at the start of his career but he has years ahead of him.
          It's an article written from some naive **** I bet. Either that or they don't have the bollocks to rank a boxer on his amateur merit(s). Bradley doesn't deserve to be on that list.

At first I thought it was a list for prospects who aren't yet world champions but on their way... Bradley's had a belt for the last 6 years...

Comment

"could become contenders..."

Most of these guys are multiple world champions, some even at different weights.

Still, I guess if the writer named a bunch of guys the mainstream had never heard of, the article probably wouldn't have got printed.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Post the list, not a link. Stop being lazy
              Lol - don't you think that's ironic...I'm lazy by making it easier for you readers not posting a huge block of writing with 30 boxers each with their own little piece? But you aren't lazy if you don't even have the desire to click on a link?

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                "could become contenders..."

Most of these guys are multiple world champions, some even at different weights.

Still, I guess if the writer named a bunch of guys the mainstream had never heard of, the article probably wouldn't have got printed.
                Lol yeah it's pretty much targeted at the casual. Sort of shows you the difference between the stuff the casual knows about the sport (and about current contenders) in comparison to a boxing forum who knows these fighters inside out already.

Comment

Since it's from a British newspaper and the Brits DNSAB I'm not gonna bother reading.

Comment

Young boxers lol. Most guys listed are in their prime. ****tiest list of the forever. My list:

Billy Joe Saunders (24)
                    Tomoki Kameda (22)
                    Ryota Murata (28)
                    Vasyl Lomachenko (25)
                    Danny Garcia (25)
                    Mikey Garcia (26)
                    Saul Alvarez (23)
                    Keith Thurman (25)
                    Leo Santa Cruz (25)
                    Jermell Charlo (23)

Comment

Working...