Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Floyd vs Guerrero, Floyd is declining and will lose before he retires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    We Will Find Out Saturday but I think your reaching BIG TIME calling Canelo a "Chess Player"
    His compubox ratio has him as no2 on the hit/get hit ratio. He's also the most accurate puncher according to compubox

Comment

Floyd has definitely declined, but his selection of opponents allows him to still dominate. Notice he hasn't fought a slick fighter like himself with speed and fast reflexes. If so, then who???Before Berto lost to Ortiz, he would have been a serious threat to Floyd.Manny Pacquiao, Devon Alexander and Amir Khan may not look impressive in some of their fights, but they both have the style and fast hands to give Floyd hell. Timothy Bradley does not have quite the skills Floyd has, but he has that same championship pedigree and very underrated defense (The Ruslan fight was a poor choose of style and ego). Bradley would give Floyd hell. I think at this point, Lara actually beats Floyd. But I'm willing to bet that Floyd will not fight any fighter I just named. He is definitely a hall of famer, but I'm still not convinced that he is an all time great. As long as he continues to fight these flatfooted slow punching guys, he will remain undefeated.And as a business man, he is doing exactly what he is suppose to be doing, so I can't be mad at him.But I really wish him and his fans would stop saying he is the best of all time. Whether it was his fault or not, by not fighting a prime Pacquiao and Cotto killed that. Also, by not fighting Margarito and Paul Williams at 147 will not promote him as being the greatest. Yes, he's in decline, but at this rate, he will continue winning.

Comment

hes vulnerable now ..what you notice is yes his legs still look solid but he now chooses to fight a little more in the pocket,flat footed .

" running " he was criticized for it a majority of his career and from shane on he started exchanging and going toe to toe now so it appears he lost a step but thats all in his form.. instead of using the entire ring he picks guys apart toe to toe and he uses his legs and slips only when he needs to there fore the bicycle is not that apparent.. hes so accurate now days with the lead rights that it gets the job done and hes still tankin with gas

if you notice from rounds 9 on he starts to use his legs because at that point he secured a win and can afford to move a little more and wont tire..down that stretch he will apply both his legs and pod shotting

btw i do agree gurrero did pretty well he was countering off floyds right hand early he looked solid until round 4 thats when his mental declined

Comment

He looked really flat footed against Ortiz too.

Comment

yep and thats another reason why hes been using his legs less... hes been too flat footed to move rapidly..but i dont know if its age or just a fight style that he seems more comfortable in..or maybe both.. but i noticed even his right hand is all shoulder recently not alot of pivot..

i think canelo is underated as a counter puncher himself not only a counter puncher but a combo counter puncher..

his combos are lightning..and come right off of peoples jabs and right hands..his upper cut is good too.

im not gonna lie im a big mayweather fan and i back him in every fight but this could be really close

Comment

Guerrero would have beaten any other top welterweight that night.

Comment

Originally posted by major handz View Post
                yep and thats another reason why hes been using his legs less... hes been too flat footed to move rapidly..but i dont know if its age or just a fight style that he seems more comfortable in..or maybe both.. but i noticed even his right hand is all shoulder recently not alot of pivot..

i think canelo is underated as a counter puncher himself not only a counter puncher but a combo counter puncher..

his combos are lightning..and come right off of peoples jabs and right hands..his upper cut is good too.

im not gonna lie im a big mayweather fan and i back him in every fight but this could be really close
                Canelo's handspeed is so underrated lol, he is faster in combinations imo than Mayweather, but Mayweather has quicker one shot pot shot type speed if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by 01samuelc View Post
                  Guerrero would have beaten any other top welterweight that night.

Comment

guerrero fought a good fight, don't sleep on mayweather

canelo isn't gonna look good when sat comes

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      canelo cherry picked a shot mayweather and forced him to come up to 152. such a joke.
                      Speak the truth like a boss!!

Comment

Working...
                      X