Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oldies Music Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good thread...anyways here are some mississippi john hurt...

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
      good thread...anyways here are some mississippi john hurt...

Good stuff, man. Makes me want to go out fishing, and just chill out.

Comment

Kenny Rogers - The Gambler, Coward of the County are my songs of just now.

You never count your money, when you're sitting at the table!

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          Kenny Rogers - The Gambler, Coward of the County are my songs of just now.

You never count your money, when you're sitting at the table!
          I sing that song in my head everytime I play Texas Hold'em.
          Last edited by Chief2ndzOnly!; 03-28-2012, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
            This is possibly my favourite (favorite, Fat Yank) performance I've ever seen of his. He comes over for a Green Teef TV show to do a medley.

At the end he does a three-way singing session with two Green Teefs who I rate pretty highly, but he makes them look average:

Check out all the white Green Teefs in the audience dancing with absolutely zero rhythm or skill.

Also note how Otis constantly staggers back, and half-removes his jacket, as if to unconsciously suggest the illusion that he's on the verge of exhaustion, he's giving so much. A clever trick that IMO.
            That was a good performance the dude that did this video madevit perfect. Performance and bringing a visual to the song. It's been in my favorites on YouTube for awhile now.

Comment

How could I forget that version of Try A Little Tenderness? I only knew the song from Bounty bar adverts and never realised it rocked out at the end... blew me away when I first heard it. (The studio version's disappointing in comparison, isn't it?)

Thinking of it, I've got a couple of live albums on my computer and he NEVER lets the listener down.

What a fantastic decade for music though, wall-to-wall class. Imagine just a ten year stretch with Hendrix alone, let alone the likes of Otis, Sly Stone, Velvet Underground, etc. Easily my favourite decade for music, bar none.

Oh, did you know one of those guys that sang with Otis btw, Eric Burdon?:

Note that he's not a looker. Another great thing about the sixties... you get all these bands fronted by guys with faces like a smashed-in pitbull's asshole. They did it on talent back then.
              Last edited by ; 03-29-2012, 01:45 PM.

Comment

I don't think there's anyone else out there that sounds exponentially better live than Stevie Wonder. And that's saying a lot! His music is legendary and his live performances are just as amazing! There's nothing he couldn't do musically, there's even footage of him doing drum solos!

He never misses a note, his pitch and tone are always perfect!

I would have done anything to see a young Stevie Wonder in concert.

Comment

I wonder who dressed Stevie during his younger days, he looks like a total badass in a lot of his younger videos.

Comment

Can you believe he was only 19 in these videos?

Here he was 20.

Comment

His music is still very relevant today. In a lot of his performances he infuses a lot of emotions into the song, but this is one of the few videos I've seen him really put his anger and frustration and doesn't hold back his feelings:

Comment

Working...
                      X