No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis - Best Heavyweight Resume Ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ..,Krusher,.. View Post
    We'll see what Joshua and Fury are all about.. Fury has the tools to become a GOAT heavyweight
    What are these tools? All I see is a guy that's fairly uncoordinated, and is without crushing power. What he does is use his size advantage very well. The first world class heavyweight with good power, that fights an aggressive fight cracks that chin and puts Furys lights out.

Comment

Lewis has the best resume but resumes sometimes dont mean you can beat some fighters head to head . I would put Tyson and Vitali Klitchko to beat him 4 out of 5 times . I rate fighters not just in head to head but difficulty in actually beating them and what attributes it would take .I would have Lewis number 3 .Looking at ALL past time elite boxers from Jack Johnson to Tyson Fury i see only Mike Tyson and Vitali Klitchko being an arguable favorite over him .....Wlad Klitchko is a 50 /50 fight for me ,if he beats Fury ,Joshua i would put him over Lewis based on his dominance and to beat those types at age 40.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        Lewis has the best resume but resumes sometimes dont mean you can beat some fighters head to head . I would put Tyson and Vitali Klitchko to beat him 4 out of 5 times . I rate fighters not just in head to head but difficulty in actually beating them and what attributes it would take .I would have Lewis number 3 .Looking at ALL past time elite boxers from Jack Johnson to Tyson Fury i see only Mike Tyson and Vitali Klitchko being an arguable favorite over him .....Wlad Klitchko is a 50 /50 fight for me ,if he beats Fury ,Joshua i would put him over Lewis based on his dominance and to beat those types at age 40.
        Wladimir doesn't have the chin to hang with Lewis, everybody knows that.
        Tyson would simply be at too much of a size disadvantage.
        Holyfield and Lewis have comparable skill levels, but the bigger man with the superior power would always win in such match-ups.

Regarding Vitali, his defense was shown to contain some flaws, as the overweight and out-of-prime Lewis was able to hurt him badly by punching open his face. Imagine the horrible things that a prime Lewis would have done to Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Wow could Joshua, with 15 career wins and ZERO over world class competition, be put over Lewis at anything?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
            Vitali would beat Foreman.
            Tyson and Holyfield would beat Frazier and Norton.
            So no, even Ali doesn't have a greater resume.
            Lol, because you say so? Sorry son, that's not how judging resumes works. Good story though!

Comment

Ok, You should sit down and closely watch these fights: Lewis-Bruno, Lewis.- Mercer, Lewis- Tucker, Lewis-McCall, Lewis-Briggs, Lewis-Mavrovic, Lewis- Rahman, Lewis-Klitschko and i think you perception of reality would change a bit. Hes win over past their primes Holyfield and Tyson is bigger on the record then in reality.And dont forget, he was behind on every scorecard against Klitschko and a cut gave him a lucky escape.

I would probloby say Larry Holmes.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Lol, because you say so? Sorry son, that's not how judging resumes works. Good story though!
                Judging resumes is all about finding the one who proved himself more in his career and that is determined by how he did while fighting the best opponents available.

Comment

Originally posted by Axl Rose View Post
                  Ok, You should sit down and closely watch these fights: Lewis-Bruno, Lewis.- Mercer, Lewis- Tucker, Lewis-McCall, Lewis-Briggs, Lewis-Mavrovic, Lewis- Rahman, Lewis-Klitschko and i think you perception of reality would change a bit. Hes win over past their primes Holyfield and Tyson is bigger on the record then in reality.And dont forget, he was behind on every scorecard against Klitschko and a cut gave him a lucky escape.

I would probloby say Larry Holmes.
                  Larry Holmes would not be able to beat Lennox Lewis, you should be old enough to know that. Let's be realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
                    Vitali would beat Foreman.
                    Tyson and Holyfield would beat Frazier and Norton.
                    So no, even Ali doesn't have a greater resume.
                    You seem to have a habit of stating your opinion as fact.

Comment

Lewis is top 3, next to Vitali and Ali

Comment

Working...
                      X