Xavi Hernandez is the most underrated player in the world

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
    LOL, he is not underrated.

God you yanks know nothing about football.
    I'm Canadian. and once upon a time I was a hardcore soccer fan. I knew almost everything about everything about the Premiership, Serie A and La Liga. Haven't followed too much soccer in the last 2-3 years or so.

Comment

Diego Forlan has been better. but i agree, Xavi IS underrated. He has been sick this world cup but most people dont notice it.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
        I use to be a big soccer fan but haven't really watched much soccer in the last 2 years or so, but when I do hear about the best soccer players in the world, I never hear Xavi Hernandez among the group. From what I've seen in the world cup thus far, he is the best passer in the world BY FAR.

But I do know that passers have always been underrated compared to goal scorers in soccer, but to me they are just as important. Players like Rooney should not be mentioned before Xavi. I rank Xavi right up there with Ronaldo and Messi as one of the best in the world.
        you just gave the main reason why he is underrated look at the game he plays. You can never get real recognition playing a game called Futbol aka Soccer when it consists of crooked officials and horrible actors.

Comment

Although i do agree he is underrated it is a strange time to make this thread.

IMO, he hasn't been great at this WC, certainly not close to his form for Barca last season. Reason being a combination of he is playing with an injury and too high up the pitch.

I personally think he is the best player in the world today but i can understand where the people who say Messi is the best are coming from. I think the choice between the two is personal preference. I choose Xavi because i think his talent is more 'rare'.

Comment

Originally posted by gunners View Post
            Although i do agree he is underrated it is a strange time to make this thread.

IMO, he hasn't been great at this WC, certainly not close to his form for Barca last season. Reason being a combination of he is playing with an injury and too high up the pitch.

I personally think he is the best player in the world today but i can understand where the people who say Messi is the best are coming from. I think the choice between the two is personal preference. I choose Xavi because i think his talent is more 'rare'.
            he has made some incredible set up passes in this WC. I've seen him set up some beautiful gifts for his teammates many times. Maybe you're just use to seeing him do better but I have never seen him before so what he did impressed me a lot.

Comment

ive watched la liga for a number of years and i seen Xavi play and he his awsome !!

He his on the verge of atg !!

Comment

Underrated? You have got to be kidding me?

He is vastly overrated. I could name two Spanish Midfielders better than him. Iniesta and Fabregas easily better than him. Both score more than him and assist more. Fabregas is better than him, but doesn’t win trophy because of Arsenal

All he does is pass the ball sidewards or backwards, he isn’t an attacking threat. His girly ass was destroyed by Chelsea and Inter. Doesn’t do well against big teams that pressure and counter well.

No way is he top 5 in the world as a clown previously claimed before,
                Messi, Ronaldo,Robben, Sneijder,Rooney, Fabregas, Iniesta, Drogba are all better than him

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanHattonAY View Post
                  ive watched la liga for a number of years and i seen Xavi play and he his awsome !!

He his on the verge of atg !!
                  He isn’t better than a prime Makekele and he isn’t considered as an ATG

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
                    He isn’t better than a prime Makekele and he isn’t considered as an ATG
                    they are different types of players, Makelele was a defensive midfielder who was a terrific tackler, Xavi is a creative midfielder !!

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanHattonAY View Post
                      they are different types of players, Makelele was a defensive midfielder who was a terrific tackler, Xavi is a creative midfielder !!
                      Xavi isn’t that creative as Fabs or Iniesta

Comment

Working...
                      X