Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do certain posters want PBC to fail and get happy if they have low numbers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    Because Al Haymon is a cancer on the sport.
    I see your sig about the IBF. So let me see if I have this right:

1. The IBF rules are well known to everyone involved
    2. Fury knew the IBF does not recognize rematch clauses
    3. Fury was WBO mando and did not need to accept a rematch clause
    4. Fury would likely have been able to negotiate more favorable rematch terms had he not been locked into a rematch clause
    5. Fury refused to try and negotiate a step-aside deal with Glazgov that might have allowed him to keep the title

So basically, what you are saying is that since Fury assumed he would lose the fight, and took extra money for a rematch clause instead of taking his chances, the IBF are assh0les?

got it.......

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      they are prohibited in the contract from saying anything negative about Haymon or the PBC.
      this right here.....

I love the whole more boxing stuff....

but I can't stop laughing when I think back to fonfara & his crew shittin bricks when they forgot to thank al haymon

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        I'm telling you, every post that comes from Addix is about black people.
        Yeah, he's become a pathetic racist poster these past few months.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          this right here.....

I love the whole more boxing stuff....

but I can't stop laughing when I think back to fonfara & his crew shittin bricks when they forgot to thank al haymon
          haha yes that was epic.......

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
            My thing is, if it's free, then no one should be complaining. My sister bought me a beanie couple days ago. It was red. I like black. But it was free, so I can't complain. Can you imagine if I went up to her and gave her **** for not getting me a black one? Adrien Broner vs Shawn Porter is worthy of an undercard in a PPV, yet we watched it for free. Same thing with Leo Santa Cruz vs Mares. How do you complain about a free show? That's weird as ****.
            no bul****tin.... Was walking with friends of mines back when I was in high school... walking past some homeless dude that asked for a couple of bucks..... my other friend was about to eat a sandwich she just bought but she gave it to him instead..... after walking a couple of steps he throws it at her and said "I said I needed money bitch" hahahahahahahahahahhaha

Comment

after reading a few pages....

some posters need to understand that not EVERY fight is going to be a meaningful fight. Especially, for those fighters who are still up & coming, don't have the fan base backing for them.

I like it, for one, you can see a prospect fighting on a card where they, HBO/Showtime/etc, wouldn't even show them on the aired programming unless it's a prospect that THEY want to push.

Comment

Originally posted by saint laurent

You said a monopolies are never a good thing, even though a monopoly is the best thing possible FOR THE FANS in every single other sport and I believe it would be the best thing possible FOR THE FANS in boxing as well.

Doesn't mean Haymon can pull it off, but if he does, THE FANS will benefit. You complain about UFC fighters accepting crumbs, but how is that bad FOR THE FANS of UFC?
                The dynamics of sports leagues consisting of independently-owned, yet collaborating, team franchises, is very much different that a fragmented sport consisting of individual competitors and their mgmt/promotion. I don't know how any of you can't grasp that fact.

On top of that, there is no true monopoly in American sports besides UFC. Each sport is dominated by a certain league, but there are a myriad of other professional options, albeit at lower skill levels. Example...NFL is biggest, but there is also the CFL, Arena League, even semi-pro leagues.

Comment

They don't like Haymon or anything or anyone associated with him. Haymon's groupies certainly don't help.

Comment

Schadenfreude, Bruv.

Comment

If PBC didn't have so many cheer leaders (it's free doe) then maybe the detractors wouldn't be so vocal.

You literally cannot say one bad word against PBC or Haymon on here without being called a hater, anti Haymon or worse.

Comment

Working...
                      X