Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs Joe Louis..............Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wladimir KO 1
    moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Here we go again.

For those who say that Wlad wins in two rounds, please explain how?.

Would he go to to toe, disrespecting Louis' power?.

In that case Louis knocks him out. He's faster, has a way better footwork, which allows him to set traps and punch from angles. He throws combination, and unlike Wlad can fight on the inside.

Do you see him landing a big counterpunch, ala JMM?.

It is bit less unrealistic, but still hardly probable.
      Louis was nothing like a brawler or a wild thrower, on the contrary he used to set his shots carefully.
      If Wlad allows Louis closer in order to land a big counter punch, he would in my opinion end up outsmarted and eventually KO'ed.

Wlad can win this fight behind his jab, pretty much what he did against Haye (just to name one), who is not even remotely as dangerous as Louis.
      He has to clinch when on the inside, lean on Louis and drag him around the ring in order to wear him out. Then go and try to land more on the second half of the fight, when his opponent starts to slow down.

That's how Wlad would fight, IMO.

And this plan only works if he actually manages to impose his reach and jab on Louis, whose footwork and angles are much better than any opponent Wlad ever faced.

I don't want to sound biased, but this fight would , imo, be extremely risky for Wlad.

PS: As for Louis being a cruiseweight by today's standards; yes, but so was Haye. Eventually fighters try to go where the big money lies and Louis could easily fight around 215-220lbs and be fit. He was 6'2 , definitely not a small man.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
        Here we go again.

For those who say that Wlad wins in two rounds, please explain how?.

Would he go to to toe, disrespecting Louis' power?.
        He would win inside 3 rounds because Louis had, compared to boxers today, **** legwork, low guard, leans right face down to avoid punches, small size and not enough aggressiveness to take the fight to Wlad.

In that case Louis knocks him out. He's faster, has a way better footwork, which allows him to set traps and punch from angles. He throws combination, and unlike Wlad can fight on the inside.
        Have you seen his footwork? A middleweight ran rings around him for 13 rounds and not once did he even attempt to cut off the ring. **** footwork compared to today's standard.

Wlad would win by throwing 1-2 punches a couple of times. The sheer strength of Wlad would overpower him quickly. The only way Wlad could lose this fight was if he decided to infight. If you are a fighter yourself you know how important weight is and how important reach is.

I was actually surprised over Wlad's athleticism when he fought Haye. Against a fast, smaller fighter, he controlled the fight with footwork, even when fighting down to his opponent's height. That is impressive.

Comment

i honestly think the Wlad of the last couple of years would ko lewis

Comment

wlad no doubt, todays athletes are extremely superior, in fact im sure martinez would beat ray robinson

Comment

Originally posted by ippo View Post
              lmfao.. ok.

Comment

Originally posted by tyson View Post
                He would win inside 3 rounds because Louis had, compared to boxers today, **** legwork, low guard, leans right face down to avoid punches, small size and not enough aggressiveness to take the fight to Wlad.

Have you seen his footwork? A middleweight ran rings around him for 13 rounds and not once did he even attempt to cut off the ring. **** footwork compared to today's standard.

Wlad would win by throwing 1-2 punches a couple of times. The sheer strength of Wlad would overpower him quickly. The only way Wlad could lose this fight was if he decided to infight. If you are a fighter yourself you know how important weight is and how important reach is.

I was actually surprised over Wlad's athleticism when he fought Haye. Against a fast, smaller fighter, he controlled the fight with footwork, even when fighting down to his opponent's height. That is impressive.
                Thank you for elaborating.

It seems to me that you are basing your analysis on one fight, and that you underestimate Louis' footwork and defense by a great deal.

There is also a chance that, given his big punching power, you expect Louis to be a brawler/swarmer. Instead he was what you can call a boxer puncher.

Wlad doesn't cut off the ring either, why is his footwork impressive and not crap?.

As for power. Baer, for instance, is number #22 (Lewis being #33) on the Ring Magazine's 100 Greatest Punchers of all Time (p4p) and had the same reach as Wladimir (81'). He never knocked out Louis, whose defense was not nearly as nonexistent as you make it sound.

However, we can agree to disagree

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
                  Thank you for elaborating.

It seems to me that you are basing your analysis on one fight, and that you underestimate Louis' footwork and defense by a great deal.

There is also a chance that, given his big punching power, you expect Louis to be a brawler/swarmer. Instead he was what you can call a boxer puncher.

Wlad doesn't cut off the ring either, why is his footwork impressive and not crap?.

As for power. Baer, for instance, is number #22 (Lewis being #33) on the Ring Magazine's 100 Greatest Punchers of all Time (p4p) and had the same reach as Wladimir (81'). He never knocked out Louis, whose defense was not nearly as nonexistent as you make it sound.

However, we can agree to disagree
                  I'm basing my analysis of watching a handful of fights from Joe Louis' prime. And I'm basing my pick on the foundation that if time travel existed and they were to fight each other prime for prime without giving Louis the chance to learn modern boxing.

Joe Louis was very versatile in his style, excelling in both coming forward with combinations, going backwards and counter-punching and particular combining the two in a passive-aggressive way. His defense was also very good for the time, mostly because he ducked and countered straight away.
                  But that was against similar sized opponents with limited amounts of skill. Against boxers he struggled, even with 50 pounds advantage. Conn easily outboxed him until he hurt Louis and thought he could knock him out. Baer was a one handed puncher at 210 pounds. Max Schmeling was a mere 192 pounds when he knocked out Louis, even taking into consideration that it happened before Louis' prime, it shows that a 245 pound athletic giant very likely would both hit and hurt him.
                  Ezzard Charles boxed him utterly silly even giving away 35 pounds.

The glorification of past heroes is fine so long as we keep the achievements to that particular era. Boxing has evolved. It's a bigger sport with more knowledge and better competition because of it.¨

Louis is still better than Wlad all-time mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by ippo View Post
                    He became the beast, no doubt. It's 50:50 for me. lennox's chin wouldn't stand wlad's power but it goes other way around as well.

it would be an epic fight.

As for louis as someone said it's unfair. not only because of the era, but also for the size difference.

wlad with ko/tko or clear ud.
                    Last edited by Simurgh; 01-01-2013, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Atheltes today are bigger, faster, stronger and .........................Dumber!

Joe Louis was a complete boxer, Wlad is NOT! Theres countless videos of the this "oversized" clumbsy guy sactually stepping over his lead foot (left) as he's trying to throw his right and/or left hook!!!

Joe louis would circle this big goof then slowly work his way inside those "slow" long arms and start breaking this big doofis down by pounding his left side with that right hand that he destroyed Max with while bringing his left uppercut up the middle!!! Theres is NOTHING that Wlad does better than Joe except for giving more "Shade"!

I'm sick of people comparing these two big goofy guys to ATG boxers!! Everyone talks about their size as a plus..................well if their good enough to keep their opponents at the end of their reach then thats saying something. However if you think the great heavies from the past can't get by THEIR reach your nuts!! These guys are slow footed, clumbsy as all hell, don't have the co-ordination to back up and turn out and unless their opponents are standing still in front of them can't "touch" anyone!!

Their competition is not good and I do give them credit for their winnings but to put them on the same plains as Ali, Louis, Holmes, Foreman, Marciano and all the other great skilled fighters who had "huge hearts" is just ridiculous.

I understand that this is the "only"era that most here only know but try to broaden your horizons and learn something about methods & techniques and that will help formulate an opinion thats based on evaluation that actually have substance as opposed to "fan favorites" and in their case their "ordinary appearance" that "you" their fan can compare themselves to. Its not as easy as just throwing a jab and then trying to throw combinations but if your competition is the "weakest in history" you certainly don't need to be great!! You need to be willing and Wlad is!! I give him credit as I've always said but to bring him up to the status of the great heavies is ridiculous.

Remember theres only a handfull of "great heavies" and Wlad isn't there! Ray.

Comment

Working...
                      X