This "Lucky Punch" Bull***** Needs To Go

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarcusArkane View Post
    Agreed.
    Either that or Martinez got repeatedly lucky throughout the two rounds and is the luckiest man alive to be hitting the same lucky punch repeatedly.
    talk about luck

Comment

Lucky? Nah.

Comment

I agree with you 25, in the first round he found home more than a few times. But, he said he was going to knock him out, I didn't expect it so early though. Martinez is my guy now!

Comment

This is the second thread saying this, who the hell said it's a lucky punch? Sergio had been looking for that punch since the middle of the first fight.

Comment

It was NOT a lucky punch. it was a combination of Martinez' skills and Williams non existent defense.

Williams is exciting, and thats about it. way over hyped.

Comment

Also if you watch round 2 closely on 2:32 of the round he landed the same left kind of a hook left to Williams head then again on 2:19 he waited for Williams to throw as he was throwing a lot of punches ducked to the right and throw the left hook while moving and boooom KTFO.

Comment

lucky punch???lol

Comment

I just hope isn't what I feared that would happen.. I predicted that one day out of nowhere Williams would get knocked out badly because of his fighting style catching up with him: Constantly getting hit, throwing 1000 punches per fight, weight jumping, in other words, I hope he hasnt burned out yet. I didnt think it would happen this soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                    This is how I know certain posters know ***** about boxing or at least what they're watching. From the beginning of the fight, Martinez was catching Williams with counter hooks and straights with both hands. I'm not saying he was dominating Williams. I gave Williams the first round, but the fact is, the shots Martinez were landing methodical.

The reason it may look like Sergio is throwing randomly is because he turns his head after he throws a punch to avoid a direct counter. He ALWAYS does that, but his accuracy is legit. He knocked Williams down in the first fight with a counter right that he was landing before that happened and for the rest of the fight.

Stop being ignorant and bitter. Learn to see and understand. The same dudes that are saying Martinez got lucky won't say that Williams got lucky in the Quintana rematch.

Exactly, I'm like well just go rewatch the fight then and see how Martinez landed that same left coss several times prior to the knockout and some solid hooks as well. Williams' face was already beginning to swell on the right cheek too. This fight was not going the distance no matter what happened in that rd. Williams would have gotten stopped in the mid to late rds they way he was eating thos bombs like candy.

Comment

Working...
                    X