No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Jacobs Deal Done - March 18 at MSG, HBO PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
    There's no way this fight was going to happen if it went to purse bid, so really don't feel Jacobs did anything here except collect a nice paycheck. They knew that GGG needed the name if he hopes to gain more exposure. Even better if it gives Danny a shot at the belts in his home town. Win. Win.

This is where the respect belongs. Loeffler gave in to the demands & perhaps overpaid for the name on the resume. Team Katch22 hasn't had many options though.....

good one LMAO

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
    ..... just happy us fans get this fight in hopes of establishing a true undisputed MW champ with a solid resume that will now command even more drawing power. Let's see if Canelo sticks to his word & fights winner in Sept '17.

Gotta believe this unless he comes out really trying to put on a show.

Stoked for this.

Gennady is fighting to retain something that he already owns

Jacobs only has the WBA interim/regular title, so nothing will change.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
      It's Golovkin's first live opponent, woo! And if the fight is in March then 3G will be fighting no more than 3 times in 2017, maybe even just twice.
      If Jacobs is March, he's already targeting a fight in Kazakhstan for early summer, then if Canelo comes off as planned in September, he also said December. If he can land Saunders for December, would be an awesome year. But....that means beating all of Jacobs, TBA and Canelo first....

I suspect we'll see GGG with his defences up for the first few rounds v Jacobs like with lemmy. If he feels power from Jacobs the guard will stay up. If he drops the guard and goes into terminator mode, then you know he's not feeling it from Jacobs. Jacobs basically needs to keep him honest and stay off the ropes. If Jacobs goes to the ropes GGG's left to the body is one of his best weapons - he needs to stay off there.

Comment

Good fight. Canelo fans are praying to La Virgen that Jacobs can pull this out so Canelo can stay avoiding real challenges and fighting the khans and beefys of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Jacobs duckin doe. It's been a bad two days for the Eastern Euro fans.

to be fair..... us non-Golovkin fans have been saying the same thing about Gennady

I don't see they had much choice but to finally get this fight made..... but props to them anyways

Comment

Hmmm, debating whether I'll go to see it Live or just watchin on PPV for the real best seat in the house.

I like that Jacobs has power that can shock you, but I'm not sure if he'll get a chance to land it on GGG before GGG blows him out. Well whatever, it's nice to see a named opponent that GGG is fighting and someone more his weight.

Comment

who tha fck is going to pay for this? Jesusss

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                Hmmm, debating whether I'll go to see it Live or just watchin on PPV for the real best seat in the house.

I like that Jacobs has power that can shock you, but I'm not sure if he'll get a chance to land it on GGG before GGG blows him out. Well whatever, it's nice to see a named opponent that GGG is fighting and someone more his weight.

agreed

props to Golovkin/K2/Jacobs/Haymon

now Loeffler finally has some ammunition..... now he finally has a fight that he can talk shht about without sounding like a fkn clown..... I expect him to go all out, now or never.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                  who tha fck is going to pay for this? Jesusss
                  I'm going!

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    agreed

props to Golovkin/K2/Jacobs/Haymon

now Loeffler finally has some ammunition..... now he finally has a fight that he can talk shht about without sounding like a fkn clown..... I expect him to go all out, now or never.....
                    Fair posts in this thread

Aboutfkntime!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      good stuff, jacobs found his balls, good on him. Theres going to be a lot of salty posters on here and a lot of mention of pirog in the next few months! All i can say is haters, you got what you wanted and hes fighting the guy you all said he was scared of!!! Damn that really must hurt you!!! Whats your next line of attack going to be, that hes ducking lara??? Can take your hate and shove it up your arses
                      calm it down there buddy the fact this will be by far ggg toughest test at age 35 or whatver he is pretty much tells us everything we have to know. lets not start acting like jacobs is this p4p fighter now or something

Comment

Working...
                      X