No announcement yet.

Uzbek, Kazakh & Azeri Prospects

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uzbek, Kazakh & Azeri Prospects

Can anyone give me a rundown on who's worth watching? Or who might arrive on the scene in a year or two?

The Uzbeks have won 15 medals at the last three major amateur championships. The Kazakhs have also won 15. And Azerbaijan have won 9. But it's hard to find much information about their intentions for the pro game.

NEETzsche is ya boy

Comment

Ive talked about this a few times, and i watched them over the olympics, but i never remember their ****ing names.

The Kazakh, Alimkhanuly (i remember him because BBC commentators kept calling him Alan Connelly) turned pro and has had one pro fight, a one round KO of experienced Milton Nunez (33-16-1, 29 ko)

Comment

Uzbecki Zoirov was great at the olympics winning gold, but i dont think he has any plans to turn pro.

Both him and Alan Connelly are 23 years old

Comment

I hadnt heard of this guy before but it came up after the Alimkhanuly fight on YT.

Check out the slick Kazakh shoulder roll

Zhankhozh Turarov, 20-0-0, 26 years old according to boxrec

Comment

My two favourite Kazakhs, Yeleussinov (Daniyar) and Alimkhanuly, are joining the pro ranks. It seems that the Russians are interested in Levit too. Yerliyev and Sattibayev are also good but I doubt they will turn pro. In the Youth Championships just past I was impressed by Akhmedov and Nurmaganbet, particularly the former who won gold and seems to have some x-factor about him imo. Plus there's Ashkeyev, Eyubov, Tazhibay, Turarov and Soylybayev already in the pros and fighting in the USA

The three best Azeris, Selimov, Abdullayev and Sotomayor (who is really Cuban), have announced their retirements since Rio. Mamishzada and Shakhsuvarly have decent skills but they have benefited from some questionable judging in the past and are not quite top tier imo. Gadzhialiev, who had a great WSB record, has moved to the USA and turned pro

The Uzbek school is kind of ugly imo and I doubt we'll see many of them in the pros either, but three that I do like are Melikuziev, Zoirov and Dusmatov. Maybe Giyasov too. His style's kind of ugly but he has swagger. Dusmatov was apparently on the verge of going pro after Rio but decided not to in the end

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              My two favourite Kazakhs, Yeleussinov (Daniyar) and Alimkhanuly, are joining the pro ranks. It seems that the Russians are interested in Levit too. Yerliyev and Sattibayev are also good but I doubt they will turn pro. In the Youth Championships just past I was impressed by Akhmedov and Nurmaganbet, particularly the former who won gold and seems to have some x-factor about him imo. Plus there's Ashkeyev, Eyubov, Tazhibay, Turarov and Soylybayev already in the pros and fighting in the USA

The three best Azeris, Selimov, Abdullayev and Sotomayor (who is really Cuban), have announced their retirements since Rio. Mamishzada and Shakhsuvarly have decent skills but they have benefited from some questionable judging in the past and are not quite top tier imo. I doubt we'll see any of them in the pro ranks, although Gadzhialiev, who had a great WSB record, did move to the USA and turn pro

The Uzbek school is kind of ugly imo and I doubt we'll see many of them in the pros either, but three that I do like are Melikuziev, Zoirov and Dusmatov. Maybe Giyasov too. His style's kind of ugly but he has swagger. Dusmatov was apparently on the verge of going pro after Rio but decided not to in the end
              Any news on Levit, the Ukrainian who who was robbed blind at HW by the Russian?

Be surprised if he stayed Am after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                Any news on Levit, the Ukrainian who who was robbed blind at HW by the Russian?

Be surprised if he stayed Am after that.
                Shortly after that I read that he met with Hryunov in Rio and that Ryabinsky wanted to make a rematch in the pro ranks, but nothing since then. If there's been more news I guess it's in Russian. I assume he'll sign with one of those guys eventually

The new season of World Series Boxing starts in February so I expect to see a lot of familiar faces from Rio there. Even Joyce will be in it, I read

And speaking of Russians and cruiserweights, Alexey Egorov made his pro debut on the Lebedev-Gassiev undercard. Definitely worth keeping an eye on him

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  Shortly after that I read that he met with Hryunov in Rio and that Ryabinsky wanted to make a rematch in the pro ranks, but nothing since then. If there's been more news I guess it's in Russian. I assume he'll sign with one of those guys eventually

The new season of World Series Boxing starts in February so I expect to see a lot of familiar faces from Rio there. Even Joyce will be in it, I read

And speaking of Russians and cruiserweights, Alexey Egorov made his pro debut on the Lebedev-Gassiev undercard. Definitely worth keeping an eye on him
                  They must be paying Joyce good money to keep him in the Ams if thats where its going.

He should strike while the iron is hot imo. He's in a great position with Hearn and Warren having solid financial backing

Levit would make a good pro imo, though i see he is 28 already, so probably 30+ by the time he makes a mark on world scene. Iirc he was pretty chill about being robbed by Tischenko so maybe he is just a content kinda guy who doesnt need to big pro dollars

I have noticed more and more eastern euros turning over before 25 though which is great. The success of the Klitschkos and GGG must make the pros more attractive to them.

Comment

I made a thread that can help you.
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=724090

But i can breakdown some of my favorite prospects.

Azerbaijan:
                    Elvin Mamishzada: He is the hardest puncher in the division, explosive, fast, good in the back-foot, was outboxed and frustrated by Zoirov in Rio, he is the current world flyweight champion but i doubt he would turn pro.
                    Albert Selimov: Two time Olympian, and amateur world champion, the only man to ever beat Vasyl Lomachenko in the amateurs, he is maybe past his prime and i doubt he would turn pro, but is still a great boxer with beautiful technique, great footwork and skills, a southpaw great in the amateurs.
                    Lorenzo Sotomayor: Olympic silver medalist, he was born in Cuba but is fighting for Azerbaijan because he always came second to Yasnier Toledo (Sotomayor beat him in Rio), some people feels like he deserved the gold (i don't) and he is a tall, really tall light-welterweight with speed and an awkward style, is really unpolished sometimes, i doubt he would turn pro.
                    Magomedrasul Majidov: Two time world amateur champion, Olympic bronze medalist, a huge puncher that would make a really fun pro, but he is kinda old and i doubt he would turn pro.

Kazahkstan:
                    Daniyar Yeleussinov: World and Olympic champion, 2013 and 2014 AIBA boxer of the year, 2015 silver medalist at the world championships, he is a GREAT talent, he is one of the best talents in boxing, incredible skills and reflexes, crazy hand and foot speed, awesome counters and timing, he is a great boxer that can be a p4p star if he turns pro, he can make some mistakes like leaving his mouth wide open or slapping a lot, but he is awesome and i heard he can turn pro (his brother is already a pro).
                    Zhanibek Alimkhanuly: Amateur world champion, robbed in the 2016 Olympics, his chin leaves doubts, but he is a complete boxer with great footwork, speed, timing, combinations and power, if his chin holds up he can be a p4p star, he is already pro with a record of 1-0 (1 KO).
                    Vassiliy Levit: 2016 Olympic silver medalist, but the truth is that he was victim of one of the worst robberies in Olympic history, he is a good boxer with power, decent speed and skills in the back-foot, can be a good pro and i don't know if he is turning pro but he should and would be a top contender at cruiser and heavyweight.

Uzbekistan:
                    Hasanboy Dusmatov: The Val Barker winner and Olympic champion barely lost a round in Rio, showing skills, speed and great footwork with awesome punch selection, a promoter said that he signed Dusmatov but it ended being a lie, he could and should turn pro with chances of becoming the king of the lower weights.
                    Shakobidin Zoirov: The fastest hands i saw in Rio, Zoirov put an awesome run in Rio against top boxers and showed besides his incredible hand speed, footwork, pop on his punches, skills and great composure, i wish he turns pro because he is a great talent at flyweight, i doubt he will and i haven't heard anything about it.
                    Bektemir Melikuziev: A complete boxer, due his amazing talent he can be unpolished and raw sometimes, but he is great, the silver world champion and Olympic medalist (losing both finals against Arlen Lopez), possesses power, strength, skills, counter-punching ability, speed, footwork and great talent to be a p4p star, criminally underrated in the amateur ranks, i haven't heard anything about him turning pro and i doubt he will.

Comment

Working...
                    X