No announcement yet.

H2H is Hearns unbeatable at 147-154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
    You could make the argument that Pacquiao would annihilate him.
    No you couldn't. Huge height and reach advantage, great jab and speed, amazing power, Pacquiao would get put to sleep.

Comment

You could say hearns would be favourite against flood or pac h2h but that's about it. Wouldn't say he's greater. He's not greater

Comment

You could also make the argument Pac annihilates Lennox Lewis. Or RJJ

Comment

Inspired to watch Leonard vs Hearns cos of this thread. The fight really changed after SRL decided to put himself on the front foot.

Even though Hearns was still winning rounds, you can see he burns way too much energy on the back foot.

Definitely some interesting fights for Hearns vs the great WW brawlers like Armstrong, Basilio, Gavilan or maybe even a prime version of Duran. Hearns on the front foot stalking behind his jab is nearly unbeatable. On the back foot he is extremely difficult, but you can force him to work way more than he wants to.

Comment

No one is unbeatable - but I think in today's 12 round, 24 hour weigh in, he would be pretty close to unbeatable at those weights. I would still give SRL a chance, and SRR a good shot to chin him over 12. Benitez obviously pushed him pretty close, without ever looking like he was going to win. I would say Floyd could be competitive by limiting Hearns lands similar to Benitez, but I think Hearns goes in as favourite against all of them at those weights.

Comment

Duran.....oh wait, nvm Duran lost to everyone

Comment

To me it looked like he couldn't handle the pressure

Comment

Originally posted by Let's go champ View Post
                  To me it looked like he couldn't handle the pressure
                  Against Leonard? I think he got tired. Must have taken a lot out of him to make 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    Against Leonard? I think he got tired. Must have taken a lot out of him to make 147.
                    He wasnt particularly good at conserving energy on the back foot which imo played a big part in him gassing

His chin and survival instincts weren't great either.

Edit: against great fighters that is

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      He weighed 145 the day of the fight, that's like the average lightweight today and at 6'1" the guy was a freak.

Comment

Working...
                      X