No announcement yet.

THE WEIGHTY TRUTH: "Weigh-In Weights" vs "Fight-Night Weights"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
    great so you know what I'm saying is true. good!

Are you planning to unveil a perspective unknown to fans? Are you baiting us into something ridiculous?!? This thread is fairly obvious... I'm expecting something... aaaaaannnnnndddd..... >>> go!
    If you are not interested in the thread, then why exactly are you still here?

Odd.

Comment

HBO unofficial weight is not an official factual weight when they're in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
        If you are not interested in the thread, then why exactly are you still here?

Odd.
        Didn't write that.

it's not odd, it's curiosity.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          I've never seen you question the gospel of Margarito being 165 on fight night. Despite having hundreds of opportunities to do so.
          I don't think people LOSE weight from the time of the "unofficial" weigh in from the time of the fight.

The unofficial weights are a good way of getting an idea of what their weights actual are, I'm just saying it's not 100% accurate. That's all we can go by, though.
          Last edited by ИATAS; 08-16-2011, 12:46 PM.

Comment

So we can all agree that since the fight night weights are:

JMM- 145
            PAC- 148
            Sergio- 168

That Sergio has a much bigger advantage over Pacquiao than PAC has over JMM. Fighting someone four inches taller and 20 pounds heavier is significantly more difficult than fighting someone one inch shorter and 3 pounds heavier.

Comment

And, even then you don't have to make weight for an unofficial weigh-in.

So that means that you don't have to strip to weigh-in.

That means one figher can strip while weighing in, while his opponent can weigh-in wearing all his clothes, jewelry, phone in pocket.

Which would make HBO unofficial weights deceiving on who actually weights what while in the ring.

And, that's the weight truth.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                I don't think people LOSE weight from the time of the "unofficial" weigh in from the time of the fight.

The unofficial weights are a good way of getting an idea of what their weights actual are, I'm just saying it's not 100% accurate. That's all we can go by, though.
                I think it adds another level of interest also.

Look at Ortiz vs Berto. Ortiz came in weighing much more than anticipated and almost further unveiling his game plan to go in and war! He had to put the bricks to him early when he had ther weight advantage he had a small window of opportunity/gamble when they fought to put extra pressure/power on em. It's like having nitros in a car at the start you blow the load then coast to the finish. but if you don't adjust you carry extra for the entire race.

also a fighter has to know his body dynamic. If putting on weight doesn't bother him but is a support for him doing better in certain aspects of his game why not do it. look at May vs Shane he doesn't weight much more in that fight and knew it was going to be a track meet. shane being old making him use his stamina was a good choice based upon the result, him gassing in the 3rd round and running on fumes the rest.

I like that fact they weigh in different. they also have the same thing take place in MMA. it's just one of the last chips put in place for strategy sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                  I think it adds another level of interest also.

Look at Ortiz vs Berto. Ortiz came in weighing much more than anticipated and almost further unveiling his game plan to go in and war! He had to put the bricks to him early when he had ther weight advantage he had a small window of opportunity/gamble when they fought to put extra pressure/power on em. It's like having nitros in a car at the start you blow the load then coast to the finish. but if you don't adjust you carry extra for the entire race.

also a fighter has to know his body dynamic. If putting on weight doesn't bother him but is a support for him doing better in certain aspects of his game why not do it. look at May vs Shane he doesn't weight much more in that fight and knew it was going to be a track meet. shane being old making him use his stamina was a good choice based upon the result, him gassing in the 3rd round and running on fumes the rest.

I like that fact they weigh in different. they also have the same thing take place in MMA. it's just one of the last chips put in place for strategy sake.
                  Word. Good post.

I always thought people put too much in weight anyways since it's totally different for every fighter. Like Pavlik blowing up to 180 pounds or whatever it was against Martinez, I don't think that's a good thing. That's probably a very negative sign. Just depends on the fighter like you said.

Comment

Working...
                  X