Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone update me on what is the latest news with Mikey Garcia and Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone update me on what is the latest news with Mikey Garcia and Andre Ward

These are two of the future top fighters in the sport yet they are remaining inactive in their prime. Is there any progress being made on their promotional disputes? Any time frame when we might see them in the ring again?

Well Andre Ward released a statement recently saying something along the lines of " I would fight Golovkin."

Now that's all he said- and there hasn't been any contract sent, him and his handlers haven't talked to GGGs and handlers and Andre Ward has fought once in the past year where he got paid well over a million to fight the great Edwin Rodriguez.

Now Ward is also in a lawsuit with his promoter or manager so you can't blame for the inactivity but I iust want to be clear so u are not mistaken

Gennady Golovkin IS ducking Andre Ward.

Comment

Mikey Garcia looks to be on his way out at Top Rank. http://www.boxingscene.com/mikey-gar...op-rank--76984
      Arum for his part seems to have moved on with Terence Crawford. But M. Garcia will have a tough time on Showtime, Haymon doesn't have a lot of 130 + 135lbs fighters in his stable at the moment. Maybe he'll go to a tertiary promoter like Shaw or DiBella.

Comment

No idea now... the Mikey thing could be on it's way to being resolved but don't expect him to be fighting while he's suing. Bob isn't losing any sleep

Comment

Mikey has said he wants to stay at Top Rank but he wants the terms of his contract adjusted. Not sure I can trust what he says though, especially after the Gamboa debacle.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
            Well Andre Ward released a statement recently saying something along the lines of " I would fight Golovkin."

Now that's all he said- and there hasn't been any contract sent, him and his handlers haven't talked to GGGs and handlers and Andre Ward has fought once in the past year where he got paid well over a million to fight the great Edwin Rodriguez.

Now Ward is also in a lawsuit with his promoter or manager so you can't blame for the inactivity but I iust want to be clear so u are not mistaken

Gennady Golovkin IS ducking Andre Ward.
            Ummmm..I think you are mistaken here..no casual fan knows ward and kinda know ggg,but in business ggg will bring more people to a venue....I just dislike whne people state facts like they behind negotiations between camps and promoters..what do you do for a living? or maybe you being sarcastic?..ward is to blame for his inactivity ,hi only talks about being A side,but A side of boring and no star quality...he should fight froch in wembley and if he wins,maybe he will be on networks eyes,no network cares about him,you think him alone could sell a ppv?,maybe 50,000 buys?

Comment

Ward has been hiding ever since Golovkin became the biggest name in boxing and Garcia was traumatized by the whole Gamboa negotiations. Type of negotiations that make you truly question how good you are since you don't feel safe facing a guy who should be past his best.

Comment

Working...
              X