Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury "I already have a mental win over Wladimir Klitschko" -Sparring Knockdown?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, he just means he's more mental than Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
      Emmanuel Steward said Fury hits harder than the Klitschkos. It is more likely that than what you suggest.
      His fight against Chisora was pretty much the equivalent to Vitali's fight in terms of the level of success either man had against Chisora, and we all know Vitali has power. I wouldn't be surprised if Wlad was either knockdown, outdone in sparring, or ended the sparring early because of the return fire.

Something must have happened for Fury to have a "mental win". I don't know exactly what it is but something went down.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        His fight against Chisora was pretty much the equivalent to Vitali's fight in terms of the level of success either man had against Chisora, and we all know Vitali has power. I wouldn't be surprised if Wlad was either knockdown, outdone in sparring, or ended the sparring early because of the return fire.

Something must have happened for Fury to have a "mental win". I don't know exactly what it is but something went down.
        I think you're reading too much into it. Fury isn't the sort of person to keep the knockdown of a Klitschko to himself, even if it was just in sparring.

Comment

Fury is a ridiculous character so it's easy to write him off, but I think he's pretty good and getting better. It's nice of Wlad to bring him in for that type of experience because he may never get his real shot in the ring. But just the fact that he can fight inside, has the size, and also has the mentality that won't let him silently agree to get held excessively makes it feasible to me that he could have bothered Wlad. Wlad is a nice guy tho, just because he doesn't KO you in sparring doesn't mean you're getting the best of him.
          Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 11-19-2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
            I think you're reading too much into it. Fury isn't the sort of person to keep the knockdown of a Klitschko to himself, even if it was just in sparring.
            We're talking about Klitschko.

In order to spar Wladimir, Fury would have had to sign what's called a non-disclosure contract, legally preventing a sparring partner from revealing any key events which occur during sparring to the general public - specifically knockdowns. Fury said in the interview "I won't say anymore because he might be listening." If he revealed the knockdown, he'd almost certainly have to deal with litigation and a massive fine which he probably can't afford.

Comment

Maybe he was able to land a good shot in sparring and hurt Wlad. Which doesn't mean anything, you can be a crap fighter and still be able to hurt Wlad, ask Wach.

Comment

Let's see if Fury can handle Kevin Johnson -- if he does, I'll be impressed.

Comment

Fury shouldn't actually fight the Klitschkos, he's the next generation.

It would be sad to see a 28 year old Fury knocking out a 40 year old Wladimir and bragging about it.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
                    Fury shouldn't actually fight the Klitschkos, he's the next generation.

It would be sad to see a 28 year old Fury knocking out a 40 year old Wladimir and bragging about it.
                    Best way to pass the torch

Vitali failed to do it to Lewis though ... but Tyson, Marciano, Ali and others did it

young tiger vs old lion

Comment

Wladimir would beat Fury.

Comment

Working...
                      X