Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSB: Would you rather have Floyd fight the BEST of any weightclass or Just WW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horus View Post
    so you dont go with the theory that he has to fight just ww's in order for it to be a legit win?
    No I don't believe that at all, however I must admit I'm a little iffy with him refusing to budge and drop a few pound for a Marquez/Pacquiao fight

Although it's not as big an issue as some would have you believe

Comment

Fighting the best out of their division no longer makes them the best.

For instance, Ricky Hatton is the best 140lber. Against Collazo, he proved that - at 147 - he was simply a top ten welter.

Get it?

Comment

Floyd can fight JMM @ 147 if he wants to. Floyd has the power and the money to call the shots. Just dont call such a fight legacy enhancing because it clearly isn't.

Horus, should Kessler ever move up to LHW and fight Zsolt Erdei I hope you give him just as much credit as you give Floyd for fighting Baldomir as Erdei is linear champion as well.

Comment

JMM then Pac then Cotto or Shane or whoever is the man at WW.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Floyd can fight JMM @ 147 if he wants to. Floyd has the power and the money to call the shots. Just dont call such a fight legacy enhancing because it clearly isn't.

Horus, should Kessler ever move up to LHW and fight Zsolt Erdei I hope you give him just as much credit as you give Floyd for fighting Baldomir as Erdei is linear champion as well.
            Erdei is effectively the most protected champion in the world, and Baldomir had just beaten Judah (back when he was good)

Comment

THE 1 HUGE PROBLEM THAT I SEE ALL FLOYD FANS SHARE IS THIS:

Floyd fans have no problem with floyd fighting Other WW's...
              The problem is that People saying he can ONLY fight Welterweights for it to be a legitimate fight and win, when he himself is not really a welterweight compared to the rest of the welterweights...
              People say all he has to fight a real WW and nobody else..!!!
              thats what make floyd fans feel like you guys are bing hypocritical....

and plus..

Floyd has already become lineal WW champion of the world.

At the end of the day I do not require Mayweather to stay in 1 division and fight every up and comer their is ....Because he has already did that at 130.
              when he stayed there for 27 fights.

As of Right Now.
              I just want to see Mayweather fight Big Names reguardless the weight class.
              from 140-160 i just dont care about him being in 1 division.

I just want him to enhance his legacy by making history.

History would be if he went and got himself a middleweight title
              History would be if he went and became a lineal champion @ 154
              History would be if he went and became a lineal champion @ 140

Those are the kind of fights i want to see him in.

Because at the end of the day every division has a Joshua Clottey and a Miguel Cotto. But every division does not have a Juan Manuel Marquez, or a Manny Pacquiao.

and I want to see Mayweather fights with proven great fighters reguardless the weightclass.

i'd like to see him fight welterweights or ABOVE....not below

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

LOL. Floyd didn't even wanna waste his time with Baldomir. Remember when he said he picked Zab cuz everyone knew Baldomie got lucky? Next thing I know, Baldomir KO's Gatti and all of a sudden he's worthy.

Things that make you go hmm...

Comment

People dont give clowns nearly as much attention and focus as they give me.
                  but anyways to address your point.

I agree with your post that if floyd calls a fighter out that is smaller than him. then he should go down to that fighters weight class and fight him.

but if a smaller fighter or bigger fighter calls out floyd then that smaller or bigger fighter should go to floyd weight class...dont you agree?
                  No one focuses on you, most people that know who they're dealing withdon't bother to read your copy and paste monologues. They just come in for a laugh mess with you a little while and leave. Nobody here takes you seriously except for that ****** Malcolm and maybe that other ****** Burner.

But to answer your question, if Floyd is a ww there are plenty of good fights for him to choose at that weight. He could have tune ups with Collazo, Berto, Quintana and many others. If he wants to fight Marquez a career 126 who is now a lightweight he should meet him halfway and not shoulnd't insist on him coming to welterweight. DLH wanted to fight Pac and they both settled on a catchweight to make this happen and unlike FLoyd DLH has face the very best at every division he's been in.

Plain and simple, if he wants to fight at WW then he should welterweights.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                    Erdei is effectively the most protected champion in the world, and Baldomir had just beaten Judah (back when he was good)
                    Baldomir was a good crafty journeyman at best.

Erdei beat the man who beat the man as well as Baldo did and he's a good although protected fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by HK45 View Post
                      No one focuses on you, most people that know who they're dealing withdon't bother to read your copy and paste monologues. They just come in for a laugh mess with you a little while and leave. Nobody here takes you seriously except for that ****** Malcolm and maybe that other ****** Burner.

But to answer your question, if Floyd is a ww there are plenty of good fights for him to choose at that weight. He could have tune ups with Collazo, Berto, Quintana and many others. If he wants to fight Marquez a career 126 who is now a lightweight he should meet him halfway and not shoulnd't insist on him coming to welterweight. DLH wanted to fight Pac and they both settled on a catchweight to make this happen and unlike FLoyd DLH has face the very best at every division he's been in.

Plain and simple, if he wants to fight at WW then he should welterweights.
                      Please address this post..do not rant and get off topic..
                      I tryed to reason with you and agreed that if Floyd CALL OUT a smaller fighter then he should go down to that fighters weight class and fight him.

BUT YOU SHOULD HAVENT ADDRESS WHAT ABOUT FIGHTERS WHO CALL OUT FLOYD?

if a smaller fighter or bigger fighter calls out floyd then that smaller or bigger fighter should go to floyd weight class...dont you agree?

Comment

Working...
                      X