Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haye/Valuev does massive numbers in Europe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how did it go in the states by the way`?was it broadcastet on HBO?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_London View Post
      Even my mum came downstairs to watch the 12th round when I was going nuts after Valuev did the chicken dance.
      all my family nearly screamed at once when that giant looked like falling lol
      My mum.sister ,dad all of us was watching lol

Comment

Originally posted by Axl Rose View Post
        how did it go in the states by the way`?was it broadcastet on HBO?
        It was on a small PPV card, there was no buzz state side for the fight and it probably did very small numbers. I ordered the Barrera/Khan fight here in the states but decided to stream this one, sounds like it was a major success across the pond though.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see if his fight with Ruiz does these sort of numbers. I have my doubts about that because I think the novelty value of Valuev played a big part. The landlady of the local boozer even showed me a life sized pic of his hand(and she cant stand sport) in the news paper and was showing all the regulars that came in,so that shows it gave the national press something to work with.

They might have a job selling Ruiz to the British public because as much as the wider public here like to get behind a heavyweight champ,they arent fooled that easily anymore when It comes to shelling out on a ppv.

Comment

Comment

I reckon Ruiz will do 200k tops if Haye does his promotional thing again. Hopefully they will put it on terrestrial to make him even more popular for the klitchko fight

Comment

Comment

I think most americans didnt care if the hw belt changed from the germans to the brits, they want to see an american contender. Combine that with the fact that most boxing fans knew it would be a somewhat dull, cat-and-mouse fight, it just didnt generate much in the way of interest or sales.

Props to Haye though. Look forward to seeing how his career goes.

Comment

Alot of Americans watched it, I don't think alot of them care where the fighters are from, nationality isn't as important as it is in other countries as much as who is fighting. Fighters like Julio Cesar Chavez, Ricardo Lopez, Lennox Lewis and even Vitali are all big sellers in America. Because they got exposure, I think Haye will be big all over as he continues to win. Either way I think Americans like the heavyweights and especially a heavywt. title fight.

Comment

i bet many people felt bad about the fight was so boring

Comment

Working...
                      X