No announcement yet.

Rafael: Khan - Algieri will be on Spike TV, Barclays Center NY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
    It is sort of a synonym for the phrase "Khanage". Brutally beating boxers down over 12 rounds like his last two opponents.
    There was nothing brutal about his performance against Devon Alexander.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Don't be surprised if Algieri boxes Khan up. He is too used to fighting over matched opponents who move in straight lines. Algieri has him beat in height and reach and moves around much more than anyone Khan has faced before. He thinks that just because Pac dogged him out, he will be able too as well but he won't be nearly as successful.
      Beat in height and reach? He's like half an inch taller with one inch longer reach. Big deal.

Khan's going to brutalize the limited Algieri with no problems at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Lol@enough power

Porter is no Thurmann, he is no Maidana...He doesnt have raw power.

He has the same amount of power as Devon

You can look back at my posting history and see even before Porter jumped in the ring with Brook i mentioned he doesnt have the power

Porter : 25 Wins (KO 16)

Devon : 26 Wins (KO 14)

In his last 8 fights he has scored only 2 stoppages, one against a journeyman bum from Ecuador, and the other against a extremely shot version of Paulie.

Porter aint knocking Khan out, easy UD.

Porter also has no defense, he just runs in with his eyes closed, Khan wud have no problem taggin him

Brook hesitated against Porter, because it was a big occasion and he had to fight smart, but if he had let his hands go more, he wud have damaged him imo
        Porter was fighting like an amateur in his early days. He had to find his style. He has a lot more power than Devon Alexander, and he's infinitely more aggressive. Does he have Chino power? No. But he has enough power to hurt Khan - which if we're honest - doesn't take a lot. he's also got a solid chin and comes forward all the time, which would be a nightmare for Khan.

You can look at KO history as much as you want - it's not changing anything.

Why do you keep saying Paulie was extremely shot? He came off arguably beating Adrien Broner and looked good doing it. So how can he be extremely shot? That makes no sense.

I agree with your last sentence. If they fought again, I think Brook would beat him more decisively even though I have trouble seeing Porter winning more than 3-4 rounds in their fight.

But styles makes fights. Take Mayweather - I think he would school Brook with ease, honestly. I think Khan would create a hell of a problem for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Porter was fighting like an amateur in his early days. He had to find his style. He has a lot more power than Devon Alexander, and he's infinitely more aggressive. Does he have Chino power? No. But he has enough power to hurt Khan - which if we're honest - doesn't take a lot. he's also got a solid chin and comes forward all the time, which would be a nightmare for Khan.

You can look at KO history as much as you want - it's not changing anything.

Why do you keep saying Paulie was extremely shot? He came off arguably beating Adrien Broner and looked good doing it. So how can he be extremely shot? That makes no sense.

I agree with your last sentence. If they fought again, I think Brook would beat him more decisively even though I have trouble seeing Porter winning more than 3-4 rounds in their fight.

But styles makes fights. Take Mayweather - I think he would school Brook with ease, honestly. I think Khan would create a hell of a problem for him.
          He has the same amount of power as Devon, give or take

He's no KO artists, thats all i am saying

If he had power, he'd have taken out the likes of Julio Diaz and his KO % wud be much higher and consistent

If Brook and Porter fight again, i think Brook will knock him out this time.

I also believe Porter isnt a "clean" fighter, they werent happy about being tested in the lead up to the Brook fight. Hern insisted that random testing take place, which was a good thing.

I got Khan beating Porter as well

and i also feel Thurmann will stop him or drop him a couple of times

Bradley vs Porter is a toss up, due to the way Tim fights, which might favor Porter

Comment

Working...
          X