Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there such thing as a Lucky Punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be honest, I wouldn't bother trying to convince this fraud aboutlucky punches. He revealed further back that he didn't believe it was only luck but PEDs that contributed to this Pacquiao's KO. All the long-winded paragraphs and pseudo-intellect fell away and the threadstarter descended into chants of PEDs and accused me of being delusional because I didn't join in the chants. This is no more than a coping mechanism for a pretty disturbed sycophant that can't accept his hero go planked. Believe me, there are plenty of them on here either seeking solace in accusations of PEDs and demanding extra testing for a possible future bout between Pacquiao and Marquez (although they've always been happy for the commission to do it's job before LOL!), or they're sprouting anti-Mayweather threads. Whatever helps get them through this difficult period, I guess.

Comment

• jmm's punch was not lucky he did set it up perfectly. but i do believe the circumstances that led to pac being knocked out cold had to have a degree of luck into it. even JMM had to double check if pac was indeed out.

Comment

• You throw with the intention of landing on the other guy. Just because certain punches happen to spark a fighter cold doesn't mean the fighter throwing the punch got lucky.

Comment

• There's no such thing as "luck" let alone a lucky punch. Things just happen in life, punches landing square, winning the lottery, there is no difference.

If you believe that the KO shot Marquez hit Pacquiao with was a lucky shot, then that must mean you believe Marquez's intentions were to tickle Pacquiao with that shot.

It's ridiculous, every shot is thrown to do damage to your opponent. Apply the logic to any other sport , lucky hit in baseball, lucky basket in basket ball, lucky goal in hockey....You don't think that they are just accomplishing the very thing they set out to do? It's results.

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post

4:49 that's a lucky punch, McCall had his eyes closed when he threw the left and they were still closed when he threw the right that caught Lewis.
            It was no lucky punch ,Lewis got a little careless and walked into a hook. It happens, even to great fighters.

That said, neither that, nor Garcia's hook against Khan, and surely not JMM's right hand are lucky punches IMO.

McCal, and even more so Garcia, swing a bit wildly. -There- I can see a component of luck, for the punch landed perfectly, even though they both had their eyes closed. The component of luck though is in the fact that they connected so lethally, not in the punch itself landing or being thrown.

In JMM's case, if that is a lucky punch, almost any effective counterpunch thrown against a come-forward fighter is lucky.

JMM was trying it all night, waiting for it to connect. He was slow and missed a few times, even obviously. But eventually his game plan paid off. No luck at all IMO.

Comment

• Pac was in there with one of the best counter punchers in this sport. Pac left himself wide open and got hit right on the button. He's not getting up jim he's not getting up jim I love that s**t.

Comment

• There was certain degree of luck or at least circumstances in that scenario.

For instance, Manny stumbled over Marquez's foot:
                This made Manny completely miss his punch. If Manny hits Marquez clean then Marquez's return punch would have less on it for one but more than likely, would not connect at the same spot as it did.

Manny probably reacted badly due to the stumble. Proof was round #5, Marquez thru the same exact punch while Manny was throwing his punch but Manny didn't stumble and was able to react just enough to absorb the punch properly.

Now lets say the stumble had nothing to do with it and it was just plain being too overconfident by Manny. The circumstance that Manny was more reckless in that scenario than in the same punch ion round #5 means that this also depended on something other than what Marquez did.

Finally being that there was just a few seconds left, it appeared that both fighters put more on the line.

So again if not luck, circumstances were just perfect for that KO to happen. If Manny would have faked a jab and came with his money punch (left hand) the circumstances would have been different and it could have very well be Marquez KOed.

but Marquez still needs to get credit because it took guts to do what he did. Marquez usually counters with a punch that comes a split second later than that one came because Marquez usually thinks defense first then punches back. That punch was different.

Comment

• Bunch of butthurt PAC turds. The circumstances for PAC getting koed was not luck not one bit. PAC being a stupid boxer got him koed, when you are rushing in reckless and with your dam hands down against a master counter puncher liked jmm you are just asking to get ktfo.

The way jmm setup PAC was beautiful and that was not luck. It was experience and high ring iq of jmm that put PAC in a postion to get knocked out like a bbiiiitttch. Any body saying that any part of that ko was luck is really butthurt because thier hero was destroyed,a moron,a ******, or high on crack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nekronicle View Post
                    lolllll there has been no veil... If you dont think PEDs played a part in the power that Marquez has you are delusional. I accept. That he was Knocked out, I am fully aware he was Knocked out.....buttttt still Luck.

Thats like arguing probability, and using it as a measure of the expectation that an event will occur. I see probability as a statistical way to measure luck, if you are a subjectivists, which i am. Applying that theory to this, the expert knowledge aspect in which JMM did train to land that textbook punch eveyr boxer should train for when fighting a southpaw, and liklihood of that punch actually completing its intention.

I measured JMMs probability of actually landing that punch as high enough odds to consider it luck, based on his performance throughout the fight, and the fact he GAMBLED ON THE EXACT SAME PUNCH AT THE 10 SECOND MARK, AND FAILED.

Thats like arguing that putting $10.00 on 32 on a roulette wheel..if it hits is Luck vs Probability

lol dude, JMM wasnt even fully able to complete that punch because Manny's face unpredictably free-falled onto his fist. You could throw that same punch 239874239872398 times and it can hit, but do you honestly think every time it lands its going to be a KO? I dont think so, thats where LUCK comes into play, (or probability if you want to make it a little more technical), there are so many variables that were involved in that specific KO, that i find the probability of it happening high enough to yield it as LUCK.
                    So according to you any punch landed is luck. Everything has to align perfect for a ko to happen the guy throwing the punch had to think ahead guess if his opponent is fainting or punching if he spots an opening coming now he has to decide how hard fast to throw the punch the other guy has time to move or block whats coming. All footwork body motions must be completely perfect..
                    If he threw the punch, aimed for the chin, and knocked him the eff out its what he intended to do no luck needed just 42 rounds of timing manny

Comment

Working...
                    X