No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik announced retirement.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raskat View Post

I think it's a smart decision. A decision more fighters should make but ultimately don't and suffer the consequences later.

Comment

Probably the right decision by Kelly. Shame he could never get back to his best. Ever since Hopkins he hasn't been right, and the schooling by Martinez didn't help. I don't think he's in the right frame of mind for Boxing anymore and hasn't defeated his demons inside him. Real shame to see him call it day, but he's heart clearly isn't in the sport anymore and that's dangerous when your boxer!

Kelly was an exciting fighter and a tough cookie at his best.

Wish the man all the best in the future.

Comment

I'm not too surprised honestly. His best days are behind him and like he said, he hasn't seemed like he has been very motivated since the Martinez fight. This could be the best choice for him. Best of luck to you Kelly!

Comment

"I had a pretty good career," Pavlik said. "I was 40-2 and I only lost to two of the best guys, Martinez and Hopkins. I'm content. It's not like I got knocked out. It's not like I got knocked out the way Manny Pacquiao got knocked out ''

Happy the Ward fight didn't go through, he would have been beaten pillar to post as it is as clear as day that he no longer has the will to compete in the sport. Retirement is the best thing for him, wish him all of the best.

Comment

Now he can go back and become a full time alcoholic....

Comment

Booze makes you do and say stupid things..guess he had a hangover when he announced this

Kelly loves beer and hoe's too much..now he can indulge in them full time..

rumors are that this is the garbage bin outside Kelly's house:

Last edited by southpaw_07; 01-19-2013, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Yes....the Ward fight would've been a sad affair.....he could've been one of the great. Sadly he took a left, when he should've taken a right. Hope he finds some focus in the futures, he can still do some damage.

Comment

I said for a while he was done, but there were still some hardcore fans saying he'd ko froch ffs.

Kelly had a fun little run for a bit, got his name in the history books but his own demons ended up ruining him. Hopefully he can stay on the wagon and find some happiness, he deserves that

Comment

The kid came to fight and made no excuses for anything! Any boxing fan could appreciate his efforts! I wish him well and hope he finds some inspiration in his life! Ray.

Comment

Enjoy your retirement champ! live long and prosper!!

Comment

Working...
                      X